1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Started the paint on the French Cuirassier

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by taff edwards, Oct 1, 2014.

1. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys
    Started to get some colour on the bust , more depth to be created plume to be painted ,did some metal work on helmet and curass quite pleased ,but have to do pin washes really nice to paint a couple of casting holes on the top of left arm but can be resolved with some super glue .
    Arms only have one coat of paint epaulettes need high thing shading .
    Any feed back is great
    Cheers Chris image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Lasalle, Huw63 and Wings5797 like this.
  2. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Good start Chris,
    I am interested to see what you do with all those metals. Nice to see the Humbrol and Revell tinlets on show.
    Press on My friend
    Cheers,
    Keith
  3. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Keith
    Yea the great plate was undercoated in black and I use steel metal coat and cotton buds the gilt is a mixture of gold brass and metal coat
    Thanks for the feed back Keith
    Chris
    abbo and Wings5797 like this.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Chris,
    Before you go further you got correct some mistakes. I painted the Bonapartes Cuirassier and the Osprey's are totally wrong about the color.
    You correct this: The redcolor on the belt on the cuirass is light brown. The upperside of the visor is not metal but black.
    The plume at the front of the helmet: black in the middle and red at the outside. The blue is a dark blue.
    The glove is some kind of ocre. the cuff of the glove is white.
    All the Nappi's of Franch felt over me with the colors you have now.

Marc
  5. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers mate
    That's awesome mate I was looking at the box art , are there any images on the Internet I looked up the figure and what came up was this vision
    Cheers mate
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Nice start Chris...but where are his ears ?

I take you are using Darkstar metallics

How about telling us how you go about with all this metalwork on show

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  7. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Using a mixture for the helmet of Darkstar , but metal clad for the curass, Marc has given me some info regard colours for the uniform have you got any ref pics for the colours Marc is saying
    Cheers Chris
    He has three ears , left ear right ear and a wild frontier ........no that's Davey Crockett lol
    Jimbo and napoleonpeart like this.
  8. zane666 Well-Known Member

New_Zealand
    Good start Chris, do you plan on doing the face last?

Regards Zane
  9. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi mate
    Yea changed my method of approach lol might not be a god idea however seeing that I have to correct some stuff when I finish work Sunday morning might bang on with the face
    Cheers Chris
  10. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    Good start bud. Some neat painting looking forward to the finished result
  11. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Great start Chris, i can tell this one is going to be a stunning piece when completed.
    following
    regards
  12. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    This looks like a nice start Chris,look forward to seeing how you handle this one.
  13. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Great work, I like this piece.

The brass edge on the visor is correct, keep it, the peak should be black though as mentioned.
    The front plume is black as the mane, in a brass fitting, I know it's not painted yet mate. There is no red on this bit.
    There should really be a brass band around the top of the turban but it appears sculpted as fur on the piece.
    I can't post images from my iPad but I have plenty if you need some chris from the cuirassier we did.
    Great work