1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

SS tanker conversion - painting stage 2

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ferris, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Ferris A Fixture

Hi there!

Snow and bitter cold outside, so finally some painting progress again!

Uniform is mostly done, give or take some local corrections. Belt, shoulder boards, tie and face are only base coated.

This is my first complete paint job in acrylics and I must say I am impressed by the possibilities. Still got a lot to learn though.

I am having difficulties with painting the seams in clothes. The problem is I can't get a thin and straight enough line that looks continuous...:confused:
    I'm not unsatisfied with the result on this one, but this is 120mm; how on earth am I going to do this in 54mm..?? Well maybe it's that ever-true answer: practice, practice, ...

Anyway, here's my progress. Hope you like it. Let me know any comments!

Cheers, Adrian

Previous step can be seen here: http://www.planetfigure.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32231

Attached Files:

Meehan34, Chris Oldfield and gordy like this.
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb peadot camo, Adrian.
    Carl.
  3. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello,

nice camo(y)
  4. dinovision79 Active Member

Hello Adrian,

great job on both sculpting and painting! Hard to believe it's your first with acrylics! Is the head from a Kirin kit? What's the plan for the base?

Thanks
    Denes
  5. ArturM Well-Known Member

Poland
    Hi!
    Looks great so far! Keep up the good work.
    One usefull advice - try to make a photos in daylight. Trust me, you will be enjoyed ;)

Best regards
    Artur
  6. Ferris A Fixture

Carl, Pedro,

Thanks!

Adrian
  7. Ferris A Fixture

Dénes,

Thanks, glad you like it! I received the head from a friend many years ago, so I'm not sure where it's from. But I believe you are right and that it was Kirin. It has quite a lot of character.

No final decision about the base yet. I want the base to have some relation with the happy face. I'm thinking about placing the figure next to a battle damaged Villers-Bocage village sign; Awfull lot of letters however... My original plan was to have the guy show his freshly received Iron Cross 2nd class. What do you think?

Cheers, Adrian
  8. Ferris A Fixture

Hi Artur,

You're very right about the pictures; they are not the best....!
    Next time I'll use daylight, thanks.

Cheers, Adrian
  9. dinovision79 Active Member

Adrian,

yes, the face is full of character, one of my favourites. The idea of scene going with the smiling face sounds good, the medal, or a dog along with him would look good, or some booty - a good meal, vine, even music (eg. a gramophone) usually made soldiers happy, IMO the relaxed pose wouldn't fit that well with a won battle-pose, but that's just my opinion it's up to you :)

Denes