1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Special Base for Special Figure ! New - Pics

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Major_Goose, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hello guys and have a nice new week.

I have been working on a new figure - actually the base of it !!! Because i was so much honored and enchanted to have this figure , that i immidiately decided to do some more effort on its base .

The figure is a Woodland Indian, in 75 mm that was sculpted from our own Auburn - Phil Walden. A great artist that i highly respect and be very honored that i can paint some of his masterpieces. It was inspired by a well known artwork of Robert Griffing names "Too Quiet"

This is the artwork of the painter :

[IMG]

Ant this is the sculpture that Phil did.:

[IMG]

. Saying no more for the figure as it speaks for herself... i proceed with some steps i did on the base which is 80% finished in these pictures.

The rest will be done once the figure is finished

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Some pins used to make the basic lines and to have something that epoxy putty will be gripping on. I mostly use epoxy putty, plaster and 2 parts epoxy glue when making bases structures.

A back wall with plaster rocks is starting to form

[IMG]
    [IMG]

the under half of the big rock is tried on

The over half of the bog rock is tried on .

And of course some first trial with the figure ! Nice view from up there

[IMG]

To be continued...........
  2. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    So ...The basic structure is made and glued and primed before the ground work starts .

And then ....well i must apologise, but i have told before . when i am doing groundowork i loose sense of time and space, so no intermidiate pictures..sorry ..but i will try to show side by side all work , so in case any one likes it , i can give any answers and information ....

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

to becontinued....
  3. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Some close ups

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

ooopss we have got some company here !!!! LOL

[IMG]

And the hero

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

soon to be painted .........
    I wish u have fun guys and girls
  4. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    What can someone say about this groundwork??? Personally I'm left speechless. Amazing...

Bravo my friend Costas... you are a true groundwork Master.

Xenofon
  5. Milorg Member

Norway
    WOW!

Beautiful, very, very nice, one of the best groundwork I have seen!

All the best
    Per Olav
  6. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks great Costa!What camera are you using?(eides ton stauroforo tou Kosta k.?Gamhseta)
  7. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks guys for the comments. Encouragement always boosts up inspiration as most of u know already !!! i Appreciate that.

Christos , i use an HP945 Photosmart 5.1 Mp kai ton crusader ton eixa dei apo ta skaria . Einai super
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Costas,

What must i say. Words are not enough to say how great you made this base. Excellent.

Marc
  9. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    AWESOME BASE, Costas :eek: :eek: !!!! This is going to be one of my all-time favourite vignettes on the "planet" when it is finally completed :) !! One question,if I may: Will you be blending in the figure's base to the groundwork once the figure's painted or are you going to separate the figure from the tiny piece of ground that he is on and pin him directly onto the vignette ? WELL DONE, my friend !!! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  10. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    My fiend , Ken hi and thanks for commenting.

The lil base piece that serves the painting course for the figure, will be almost eliminated to minimum and then when adjust t he rest of it on the ground , will be accordingly blended with the rest of the ground so nothing will show .
  11. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks for the quick reply,Costas; I'll definitely be looking forward to the completion of the vignette !! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  12. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Very nice ground work, compliments the figure.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  13. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    beautiful groundwork, this is an aspect that can be forgotten about on the most perfectly painted figure. How did you do the water?
  14. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks for commenting guys . water wasmade by 2 part clearepoxy resin and made the waving and formation with water effects on top.
  15. arthur Member

Canada
    Costas,
    WOW (y)
    This is one of best groundwork jobs to date.
    I printed your photos for future reference, hope you don't mind :)
    Cheers,
    A.
  16. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Costas,

base and Figure are excellent work.

I´m looking forward to see this finished.

Cheers,
    Markus
  17. PHIL WALDEN Member

Hi Cobber,...
    Im realy enjoying this mate especialy the sbs photos , ground work is truly great fun and an art in its self...keep it comming...

good stuff Phil.....
  18. robbyk9 Active Member

Hi Costas

Realy a great and awesome groundwork. And can't wait to see the figure
    finished and placed on this great groundwork.
    It's going to be a masterpiece.

Greetings Dick ;)
  19. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    That's some groundwork. It's nice to see a little extra effort put into the setting.~Gary
  20. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks to all friends for their comments , and supporting. I wish the next base i make looks even better. Thanks