1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Spanish Noble 75mm Romeo

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Aveleira, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello!

Today I started painting this great figure sculped by Maurizio Bruno and boxart painted by Danillo Cartacci.

It depicts a XVII century spanish noble, and looking to the base, I would tell that he is in a tavern gambling and drinkin'...the result is that maybe someone cheated or the wine talked louder and there is some confusion.
    That said I choosed to paint the face reddish like he was a little drunk and with a beard growned up, in order to give a sloppy feeling.
    Give me your opinions ;)

Sorry for the quality of the first picture :S

noble2.jpg noble1.jpg

Regards
    Pedro
    mao, crf, Lasalle and 7 others like this.
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Pedro, nice idea with the skin tones and beard, I think you need to extend the beard under his chin and what you can see of his neck. Good start though.

Roger.
  3. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Nice suggestion!! Didn't notice about that... I will do it! Thank you!! Fresh eyes are always good!

Regards
    Pedro
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Nice start, and echo Roger about the beard.

marc
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    It's a pleasure Pedro, looking forward to seeing further progress.

Roger.
  6. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  7. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Update with pants painted. Hope you like it!

noble3.jpg

Regards
    Pedro
    ChaosCossack and billyturnip like this.
  8. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    Great star my friend!!
    Very nice skintones!!

Alexandros
  9. Einion Well-Known Member

This looks quite nice but it's hard to give proper input with the highlights washed out like this - I think you could do with moving the top light in particular away from the model a little bit.

Einion
  10. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Yes Einion you're right. Glad you said that cause I wasn't glad with the photos either... now it's better, changed the background.
    Now I'm painting the cuirass, and that yellow was just testing... I think I gonna try a brownish yellow.
    What do you think?

noble4.jpg
    zernina, billyturnip and ChaosCossack like this.
  11. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    You are off to a great start with this one! The face looks good and I love the shade of blue you've come up with on the trousers.
    I've considered buying this figure... how is the casting and assembly? User friendly?

Keep up the great work

Colin
  12. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi Colin,

Thank you for the nice words ;).
    Well the figure is great, nice details, but there is some mould lines on some hard to get places, but with carefull anyone can do it.
    The assembly in general is good, but there wth the head I had to work my way to fix it like he is now, and I find in one arm a little gap that I have to fill after I painted it and attatched.
    The assembly is alright, but you need first paint the pieces and them put them together, what I don't like very much to do, but well you can't have everything.
    If you like it buy it is very beautifull, I'm sure it'll look good.

Regards
    Pedro
  13. krom1415 Member

United-Kingdom
    Those trousers are superb, just what I need on my musketeer. That said, can I ask what colours you used?
  14. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi, of course.

I used a bit of a mix cause I didn't have the exact colour I wanted. But in general I used a light blue with a little of Green, and prussian blue for base. For lights just add white, for shadows, more prussian blue and black.

Regads
    Pedro
    krom1415 likes this.
  15. krom1415 Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Pedro (y)
  16. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi mates,

I have a problem with this figure.... I painted the shirt in yellow, but I don't like the way it looks... Can anyone give a suggestion of how to paint it, which colours would be nice with the trousers??? I accept all kinds of tips.

Regards
    Pedro
  17. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Face and trousers are awesome! I am sure, you wil get the "rest" also in this high quality.

Happy painting!
  18. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Right now this is how the figure is painted... don't now if I move on with this yellow...
    BTW, thanks for you comments ;)

noble5.jpg

Regards
    Pedro
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  19. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi pedro,i really like the start youv'e made with this figure,i especially like the colour of the breeche's,very nice (y)

Brian
  20. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Pedro
    Colour of the Breek's as we say here ! look nice.

One thing I notice and nothing to do with your painting ,but he does seem to have rather long legs.

Ron