1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Sorondil, Dinosaur Hunter

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Bailey, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Bailey A Fixture

United-States
    I'm pushing to get this figure done in time for a competition this weekend. I don't have time to do everything I want, so I will leave some parts (like his dinosaur companion) off for now and add them after the show. The main figure is almost finished (just a little bit more to do on him) so I've been focusing on the base. After laying down the basic browns for the tree and ground, I added some etched brass plants from HassleFree miniatures. To create the moss I followed a tutorial posted over at MassiveVoodoo. The moss is fine turf mixed with matte varnish. It's simple and I really like the results. Here are a couple quick cell phone photos I took during those steps.
    [IMG][IMG]

From there I went in with the brush and developed the contrast and colors for the plants. I've finished most of the plants, though I still need to do the ferns. I'm also in the middle of using some glazes/washes to add color variation and shading to the moss. You can see it on the lower half, but the upper half is still untouched.
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
  2. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Looks great! The composition is excellent. Love how those roots are going along the base emphasizing the vertical development below the "main stage".
    Cheers and will follow with great interest. This top class work! (y)
    Zeno :)
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
  4. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    nice nice nice