1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique So,

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by harrytheheid, Feb 28, 2015.

1. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I threw this wee vignette together last time I was home in Nov-14....and make no claims regarding historical accuracy, it's just a fun project.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

....and left room on the base for this figure, which I'm told has now been delivered to our place in China after being ordered from the UK last December, so he'll be painted and added to the scenario after I get home again on 13-Mar-15.
    [IMG]

The "Boudicea" figure was done around 4 years ago, and I'm still not too happy with the face. And I just noticed something about her right knee I haven't seen before that needs fixed.
    As for the Mounted Celt, I'm not sure exactly why the horse ended up looking almost green, although some of that might be down to my cack-handed camera non-skills.
    o_O
    So, all in all, there's still lots to do -- and if I decide to add the new Pegaso Mounted Celt to the cast of characters, then I'll have to find a bigger base to accommodate them all.
    Critique welcomed -- especially regarding the green horse.

Cheers
    H
    balder, samson, tiberius57 and 7 others like this.
  2. marco55 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looking good Harry.As for the green horse it is a fantasy piece after all.:D
    Mark
  3. harrytheheid A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Haw, haw.
    :p
    It doesn't actually look that bad in real life Mark, umm, if you know what I mean, although there's definitely a greenish tinge about it, especially at the highlights. So maybe if I go over then with a kind of light sand color it'll all come together a bit better. Of course, these were among the first photos I took with my first real DSLR -- and there's no doubt I had some of the controls set incorrectly.
    Still looks a wee bit green though.
    :unsure:
    Hey, I checked out "The Pursuit" and El Greco will have the set in stock fairly soon. Maybe Woodland Indians will look better with a hint of green.
    :)
    Thanks for the "likes" -- Marco55, Dan Morton, Osebor, Piotr, Mirosoft and B00gie.
    Cheers
    H