1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Siberian Rifles Office Russo-Japanese War 1904-5

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by Nap, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi guys ,

I am planning to do a simple conversion of Paul Blabers great sculpt here in 1st picture which was based on the plate in the 2nd

To a Siberian Rifles Officer as in the Osprey book in lower left on last plate....

Has anyone got good references n the Epaulettes he would have and also on the scroll on the headwear ?

I have books ..somewhere in Russian which are so far behind my GA!

Can anyone help without turning my model room into chaos!

Cheers

Nap image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Kevin,
    I can't help on the epaulettes, but I've come across the following photo of an Officer's uniform of the 12th East Siberian Rifle Regiment belonging to the Crown Prince Tsarevich Alexei.
    The detail isn't great, but is shows a liitle bit more of the scroll than your print.

12th East Siberian Rifle Regimen.jpg

Andrew
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Using Google translate it's possible to get quite a lot of useful info here Kev. Select the year from the table and then hover over the name of the regiments and the illustrations change.

http://antologifo.narod.ru/pages/aps.htm

Roger.
    napoleonpeart likes this.