1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Show us your workbench

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by stoffy01, Mar 10, 2017.

1. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Hi Pfer's,
    Been on again off again lately, but managed a little tidy up of the clutter that gathered on my workbench over Christmas /NewYears and the stinking hot summer we have down under season. So I thought I'd see if anyone wanted to post their little area where the 'magic happens', and remember I'm talking about workbenches now.
    Mines located in the garage and I really am governed by the weather in there, so over the hot periods I've got to move inside to the aircon so I have to be careful not to tick the wife off with the mess, mind you the kids do a good enough job of that.

[IMG]

Cheers
    Chris

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    1969, Eludia and Rich Sculpts like this.
  2. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Can't help j'ai pas de talc :D
    Best
  3. Tommy Brown Active Member

4. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
  5. montythefirst Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    I recently reorganised mine to get the most out my space available as it is in a cupboard in my bedroom, but being able to lock it away means my wife allows me to have my work area in the house. :) Which is a bonus given I am working on it everyday and I live in rainy Cornwall five minutes from the coast it gets quite cold in the shed.

desk.jpg WP_20170321_21_47_58_Rich.jpg desk2.jpg desk3.jpg desk4.jpg WP_20170321_21_48_18_Rich.jpg WP_20170321_21_48_23_Rich.jpg WP_20170321_21_49_36_Rich.jpg WP_20170321_21_50_01_Rich.jpg

Cheers

Simon
    stoffy01, Ferris, 1969 and 4 others like this.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi. guys

Chris ..no worries starting another thread mate

Some very organised work areas here ..and tidy !

Great use of space in the cupboard there Simon ...my wife would love to put me away in a cupboard !

Nap

Will do some pics in Morning !
    stoffy01 and montythefirst like this.
  7. montythefirst Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Nap its my own little narnia, I'm sure if my wife could get away with it I would be locked in there permanently lol.
  8. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia

That is a 'neat' little work place. Compact and tidy with everything within arms reach. Best use of a cupboard I have ever seen.

Does this make you a 'closet' painter Simon? ;)

Chris
  9. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    And it's also save .
    Nobody can hide in it . :D
    montythefirst likes this.
  10. montythefirst Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Lol Thanks took a lot of work to get it right been through a couple of versions before I was happy but pretty pleased with how it is now and as I split my time between being a carer for my disabled son and a freelance miniatures painter it helps to have a dedicated workspace I can just work from without problems when I am in work mode.

Cheers

Simon
    stoffy01 and napoleonpeart like this.
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys

As promised some pics f men ...many more books and finshed models in garage and in every soace I can use including the bedroom ...No pics ....banned by SWMBO !!

Pics not brilliant sorry but you get the dea ..?..I am ucky I have a dedicated room ...meals are left outside door after a discretionary knock!

In the cupboard I have about 12 busts all prepped and primed in many cases ..(with the GA in boxes in garage) ready to make the journey to the bench

Happy days

Nap

PS all fairly organised and not a biscuit in sight!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  12. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    You all have probably seen mine before, because the topic comes up from time to time. These photos were taken some time ago, around Christmas 2008, I think, but not much has changed since then:

[IMG]

[IMG]

and these are some photos of my stash, showing mostly scale model kits. The grey army is stored in various boxes or other containers in and among the other kits:

[IMG]

[IMG]

Those shelves are in the basement with my bench. They'd be behind us, as we look at my bench as in the first pics. Here's more of my stash, along with boxes of Christmas stuff:

[IMG]

This is piled up on a bed in what is supposed to be a spare bedroom. The stash is why visitors who stay over have to sleep on the couch.

A detail of one of the boxes in that room:

[IMG]

I am a couple of kits away from being on the next episode of "Hoarders"

I have been thinking more lately about shedding much of the scale model stash. For one thing, even if I were to build all of the kits, I don't have space to display them.

Prost!
    Brad
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    From 4 years ago. NOthing much has changed. It never looks clean as then again.

IMG_0980.JPG IMG_0981.JPG IMG_0982.JPG IMG_0983.JPG

Marc
    theBaron, stoffy01 and napoleonpeart like this.
  14. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Hi Simon,
    Beautiful, just beautiful, certianly is like Narnia, pitty you cant close the door once in and turn up the music :).
    Cheers
    Chris.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    montythefirst likes this.