1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Shield Transfers

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Davidf, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Davidf Member

Australia
    Hi All,

After 30+years of non figure painting I've taken it up again in the last couple of years progressing from old tamiya kits>>>icm WW1 kits>>>>>54 mm Andrea, Art Girona, Pegasso etc mostly ancient world (greek, romans). My progress is better then i thought it would be thanks to a lot of books, youtube videos and of course this great site!

However....

When it comes to shields I tend to avoid completely as even with all the practise in the world I'm never going to be able to free hand paint a lion onto a hopolite shield.

I know andrea used to do transfers but not presently by the looks of it.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

David
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi David

WELCOME to PF good to have you here

Transfers ...I was going to say Andrea , what about trying Historex Agents they might have them in the discontinued lines or have a look at Nimix website as well ...and what about e bay ?

You coukd try tracing the design to the shields and then freehand painting

Sorry can't be more helpful !

Nap
    Davidf likes this.
  3. Helm A Fixture

England
    Also look for wargame transfers/decals a lot of them can be used especially on the smaller scales like 54mm
    Steve
    napoleonpeart and Davidf like this.
  4. mick3272 A Fixture

Hi
    What about Archers?? the people who do the decal eye's they are obtainable via historex.
    Mick
    Davidf likes this.
  5. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    napoleonpeart and Davidf like this.
  6. tock24 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Temporary tattoo's can be useful - especially fantasy or Celtic - good designs and easy to use. Whenever on holiday I always pick up a few packs - quite cheap too!
    Also fingernail studios have designs too [havent used them, but have been thinking about it]
    BR
    Ian
    napoleonpeart, Davidf and Helm like this.
  7. Davidf Member

Australia
    Thanks Andrew. I'll give that a go.
  8. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Peddinghaus also has some sheets of decals depicting shields, but I'm not sure whether they have them available in different scales. I get mine via eBay. I have a set of medieval Prussian shield decals in 1/72. I use them with Maschinen Krieger subjects.

Prost!
    Brad
  9. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    https://www.littlebigmenstudios.com/ max 40mm

First pain shield white
    Made a grid 1mm/1mm on you paper model
    Do the same on the shield
    follow square by square all with a spencil, now on your drawing with a thin pen remake it wit black chinese ink, fill with colours, he ink will play as a wall

this technique used on 28mm 40 years ago
    WR Chevalerie  3.jpg WR DSC00915 eclairci 02.jpg

just try
    jai likes this.