1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sgt. US Cavalry 1876

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Aug 12, 2007.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Here are some photo's of a just completed 90mm white metal figure I have painted for Dan Morton.
    It depicts actor Victor McLaglan playing Sgt. Quincannon in the 1949 John Ford western "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon".
    Quite an old kit but still a lot of fun to paint.

Roger

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nice worn on the blues my friend , Bravo
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you very much Costas.

Roger
  4. eissteban Active Member

France
    hey Roger
    ( an eye before leaving )
    Cavalry now ? ;) when un chasseur d'Afrique ? :)
    seb.
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    A Chasseur d'Afrique? You never know, have a good holiday Seb.

Roger
  6. paulyrichard New Member

United-Kingdom
    You have some real nice subtle highlights on this, Roger. It looks 'killer' authentic.
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Paul, I'm glad you commented on the highlights you would not believe the difficulty I had getting the highlights on that shirt how I wanted them.... or perhaps you would.

Roger
  8. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very nice painting,I like his face most.Has a character!
    christos
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Christos, he's quite a character isn't he?

Roger
  10. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Roger, the expression on this guy's face is priceless! You've done a good job exploiting that with your paint-work.

Jay H.
    OKC
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Hi Jay thanks, maybe this will explain that expression, what's he got behind his back?

[IMG]

Roger
  12. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Cool on all fronts......you really did an outstanding paint job on a very old kit, but you managed to bring out the "mischievious act" so naturally!!! Not an easy job by any means I'm sure of that but you did exceptionally IMHO!!

Ray ;)
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you very much Ray. It wasn't without it's problems. In fact I emailed Dan and told him I wasn't happy with the blue. He suggested a beer which seemed to do the trick:p

Roger
  14. Jon Metters Member

Amazing work on the shading of the blue shirt! Some of the most convicing I've ever seen on a ACW figure.

I'll be staring at that for hours.

Best,

Jon Metters
  15. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Jon, Thank you for your knd comment. The shading & highlighting of the shirt is what caused me the most problems. I'm very pleased you find it so convincing.
    Cheers,
    Roger