1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sergeant 5/60th Rifles - El Greco Miniatures

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Windy, May 29, 2017.

1. Windy Active Member

England
    Hi all. Due to the seasonably awful Bank Holiday weather down here in Dorset I managed to crack another figure from my Grey Army! From El Greco, Some lovely crisp detail and fits together a treat but some of the dimensions are a bit odd. For a start he was marketed as 54mm but is closer to 65. Then his rifle is about the right length overall, but the stock is too long and the barrel too short. The same with his legs and body! Having said that he painted up nicely. My only addition was to give him a 'tache to make him look more German.

743928.jpg 743930.jpg 743931.jpg
    Erbay, Borek, anstontyke and 6 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Windy

Nice time spent there mate ......looks good like the red with the green uniform

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    anstontyke likes this.
  3. Windy Active Member

England
    Thanks mate. And I agree with you about the red facings. I've always thought the 95th looked pretty dull in comparison to the 60th.

Windy
    anstontyke and napoleonpeart like this.
  4. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That is a nice figure, who makes this kit please

Tommi
    anstontyke likes this.
  5. Windy Active Member

England

Thanks mate. I got it through El Greco Miniatures though I think it might actually be made by Chronos. I can't honestly remember as I bought it over a year ago and have lost the original packaging.

Windy
    anstontyke and Tommi like this.
  6. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks will take a look

Cheers
    Tommi
    anstontyke likes this.
  7. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    It is Chronos Tommi, El Greco are dropping the brand so they have been selling off the remainder of the range
    anstontyke, Windy and Tommi like this.
  8. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Nice painting Windy, will also look at that one, cheers.
    anstontyke and Windy like this.
  9. Windy Active Member

England

Cheers Bob! It is from Chronos, I just found it on their website reduced to $12. I think it's one of the ones being discontinued.
    anstontyke likes this.
  10. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nce job mate, a big thumbs up from me.

Paul
    Windy and anstontyke like this.
  11. Huw63 A Fixture

Very nice indeed Windy.

Cheers

Huw
    Windy and peedee like this.
  12. Windy Active Member

England
    Thanks guys. Had a lot of fun painting him. This chap and the CSgt of the 28th from FeR (in my avatar) had been sitting on my bench for more than a year. Thought it was about time I got around to painting them. I'm now a convert to larger scales and using acrylics!

Cheers,

Windy
    Huw63 and peedee like this.