1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Semper Fidelis news ... British Grenadier 5th of Foot

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by SEMPERFIDELIS68, May 24, 2017.

1. SEMPERFIDELIS68 Well-Known Member

Spain
  2. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Like this a lot .....For a long time I've thought the Seven Years war (French and Indian War) would be a highly fertile subject
    for this hobby - and although some good figures exist here and there, perhaps it's time for a full blown dedicated series ......
    napoleonpeart, peedee, clrsgt and 2 others like this.
  3. SEMPERFIDELIS68 Well-Known Member

Spain

Next week will be painted and I will upload the boxart photos. It will not be the last of this historical period... ;)
    captnenglish likes this.
  4. fogie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looking forward to that. Meanwhile I'll wipe the egg from my face for misreading the date as 1757 instead of 1777 and not recognizing that the Brandywine fight occurred in the Revolutionary War and not the Seven years War, What a dummy !
    WestJoe, peedee, clrsgt and 4 others like this.
  5. SEMPERFIDELIS68 Well-Known Member

Spain

Fogie, when it is painted next week, you will appreciate a figure very different from this one that is only the resin. I hope you like it. The boxart will be very, very surprising.
    peedee likes this.
  6. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I think sometimes there is an unholy rush to get things on the market-I'm sure this is a nice figure and from a popular period but that casting looks incredibly rough?

I would have been moved to clean it up a bit when I saw the photograph rather than posting the picture. Maybe better to wait for the Boxart??

Good luck with it anyway, just an observation.

Keith
    housecarl, peedee and captnenglish like this.
  7. SEMPERFIDELIS68 Well-Known Member

Spain

The photograph does not do the model justice, it is true and you are right in what you say Keith, but Semper Fidelis has only submitted two figures in 2017, in our case we are not a massive launch company, we do not even get one a month. But anyway, I think it would be fair not to upload anything until boxart, I'm right.
  8. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Thank you for that and accepting my comment in the spirit in which it was intended, and I can sense the enthusiasm. As a small company in the Lions Den it is important to get it right. I always remember a common saying when I was in sales and Marketing "You never get a second chance to make a first impression" (Maybe Donald Trump would disagree....LOL)

Looking forward to seeing the Boxart,

Best regards....Keith
    housecarl, peedee, Inaki and 2 others like this.
  9. fermatgom A Fixture

Spain
    Fantastic!! Who is the sculptor if I may ask?
    peedee and clrsgt like this.
  10. JonH Active Member

Have to admit to not knowing Semper Fidelis miniatures until yesterdays Africa Regiment figure.This looks another lovely offering though agree with Fogie-I'd love to see some 7 years war stuff as well.
    I know that El Greco have this range.
    Jon
    peedee and clrsgt like this.
  11. Huw63 A Fixture

Lovely looking figure. What scale is it?

Cheers

Huw
    peedee likes this.
  12. SEMPERFIDELIS68 Well-Known Member

Spain
    Hi Huw, all the Semper Fidelis Range is 75mm.
    peedee likes this.
  13. SEMPERFIDELIS68 Well-Known Member

Spain
    Semper Fidelis is a relatively brand new in the miniature market. We work many times with young sculptors who are not recognized talents like Maurizio Bruno, Andrea Jula, Gallicek, etc. But they are not less skillful. This piece is the work of Francesc Ambrós a young Spanish sculptor who has already created several miniatures for our brand.
  14. SEMPERFIDELIS68 Well-Known Member

Spain

Thank you Keith. I think the only way to learn in this market and in any other is to listen to everyone's opinion. That quote you named above is absolutely right.
    peedee likes this.
  15. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    The casting is a bit rough, but I love the subject matter and that face has so much character, it looks like it would be a joy to paint
    peedee and Inaki like this.
  16. fermatgom A Fixture

Spain
    He has done a remarkable work!!! Good to promote new talents!
  17. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Rough looking or not, this one is going on my list. I just returned from exploring the Brandywine battlefield area, so this one piques my interest. The 5th was part of Knyphausen's command at Chad's Ford and one of the first regiments to cross Brandywine Creek once Knyphausen knew that Howe had started his flank attack at Birmingham Hill.
  18. SEMPERFIDELIS68 Well-Known Member

Spain
    In less than a week we will see the completed figure and upload photos of the final casting and boxart. The figure will go to the market with a casting of first quality, or that will not come out.
    Don Johnson, peedee and Inaki like this.
  19. Don Johnson Active Member

United-States
    Hopefully some of these will be available at World Expo in Chicago in early July. I like this offering, and will be looking to add it to my AWI collection! Best of luck, and thanks!
    Viking Bob and SEMPERFIDELIS68 like this.
  20. Serafin New Member

Spain
    The figure's picture is a previous sketch with black and white primer before the painting job.
    I polished the figure to clean the rough remaining and start with the paint.
    I no doubt the final casting will be almost perfect.
    Thanks a lot for the comments. (y)
    tiberius57 and Viking Bob like this.