1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Semiround Indian from Eisenbach

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ulrich, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Here I want to present the first step of a new project. Starting some weeks ago, here are the first results.

It is a semi-round flatfigure from Eisenbach. It is easier for me ( as a normal round figure painter ) to paint a semi-round figure before I will paint another flat figure.

As you know I am experimenting with background for flat. Here you can see my new idea. I will make behind the wood a wood support that the piece can stand alone.

What do you think about that background?

Ulrich

Attached Files:

Mike Stevens, amcairns, Guy and 3 others like this.
  2. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    I like the idea of the wood used as a background, but it should be a darker wood so the figure stands out against the background.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Jeff maybe right I think, it's worth experimenting with different shades of wood but definately a sound idea.

Roger.
  4. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Ok. I understand what you mean. Attached two other possibilities. I will see what kind of wood I will find in my stocks.

But I think darker wood would be better.

Thanks for your comments

Ulrich

Attached Files:

5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    The righthand picture is the one Ulrich, it looks great. Nice painting by the way.

I could get quite a few 30mm figures on a piece of wood like that :p
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    The one and only for me is the darkwooden background.

Marc
  7. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    I think both of those work better. The light one really looks like a mountain range and that kind of works for me, and it is lighter then the first. On the first photo you posted the figure was too close to the same tones in the wood so it did not pop. I like the dark one as well.
  8. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Tough choice, both are fitting !

Rock paper scissors!
  9. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks a lot. I will paint my flat and will prepare the last two wood pieces and when the flat is finish we will see.

Ulrich
  10. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    I think I have nearly finished the flat. Only some corrections, because some "mistakes" I can see first when I have shot a photo and see it on my monitor

Ulrich

Attached Files:

11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Nice work Ulrich, the colours you have used and the piece of wood all gel together very well.

Roger.
  12. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Thank you, Roger. Waiting for some new ones from you

Ulrich
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I am still at sea Ulrich. We should be crew changing on wednesday and back to flat painting on thursday :D

Roger.
  14. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
  15. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Well done Ulrich!! I like the "mountain range" wood idea for a background. Cool stuff!

All the best,
    Dan
  16. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting of the flat Ulrich. I like the wooden slice as a background.
  17. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks for your comments. I have started with the next indian figure from Eisenbach

Ulrich