1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Seil Models French fusilier

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Jul 29, 2011.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I painted this figure aa while ago,made some changes to resemble the 1781 uniform.
    Since i got back to the "miniature battlefield" i tought about re-doing this figure.
    So i completely stripped the paint away and made changes to the uniform to look more like the 1791 uniform during the early stages of the french Revolution when the Monarchy was still in power and "les Blancs" or regular army was still a neat dressed soldier.
    The original seil figure is Napoleonic infatryman circa 1805.
    I had to make changes to lapels (1791 were narrower)and made some changes to the turnbacks and vest.
    I also altered the shape of the "chapeau" or bicorne.
    Can't wait to paint this figure,it's been a long 2 years!

Attached Files:

crf, housecarl, gordy and 5 others like this.
  2. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    Excellent coversion . I like it. I ´ve made myself similar changes with figures from 1780, to recreate uniforms from 1793. It´s easy to do with lsmall changes. If you wanna see I send you photos.
    I see Daniel, you and I share a taste for the same period.(y)

http://www.mininet.tv/egminiatures.html
  3. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Now we are best friends! lol
    Thanks
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Small but very effective conversion.

Marc
  5. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
  6. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice info on the uniform mods. What did you use to strip the paint with ?
  7. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Gordy,i use 100 % pure acetone.
    Left the figure 2 minutes inside a bowl and then cleaned it up with soapy warm water,then i used some cottonetes to get to the herd to reach areas.
    I cleaned immediately afterwars cause some modifications to the uniform had Magic sculpt and acetone will damage it.
  8. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks Daniel, the question comes up often so info like this is great for posterity! :cool:
  9. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I am honored i can help.
    Have a great weekend
  10. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Finally some more action here.
    I did some mods to the lapels,and ultimatelly endup modifying the turnbacks .
    I used an Art Girona Chasseur 1791 as reference for the shape of the turnbacks.
    the bicorne hat was painted and clearcoated but my baby girl discover she can walk and unfortunatelly the bicorne fell on the floor after she tried to get a hold of it,so the front top broke in pieces.
    Anyhow,it's all part of the funny tale and i called a happy accident,cause i "rebuilt" the hat and i like the shape much better.
    I decided to represent the 68th Regiment (former royal title was Re. de Beauce).
    since most of the figure is al white,i decided to paint the different base colors to have an idea on the variations of white i will be working with.
    colors are as follow:

Coat:Base color is Vallejo 992 neutral grey
    Lapels and cuffs: base of Andrea napoleonic red and a hint oc cav. brown 70982.
    Good color since the facings of this re. is scarlet,so it's a good midtone to start.
    vest: base deck tan 986
    pants:1/deck tan 1/stone grey884
    Gaiters:base pale gray blue 907.

Attached Files:

11. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  12. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks Eduardo.
    Yes,i am taking that into consideration,that is why i am using those colors as base,the problem is that in pictures is really hard to capture the real colors.
    Thanks for the image of meissonier,although,the shoulder straps where white instead of the facing color,they were white piped in the facing color.
    take care (y)
  13. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  14. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    But i really like the image of the fusiliers,there is no many images of them of the earlier stages of the French revo.
  15. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  16. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    :) i have that website on my favorites,really good for uniform reference.
    Thanks Edu.
  17. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Finally completed.
    It took me few weeks but worht my time.

Attached Files:

18. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  19. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    thanks Edu,i will take more pictures tomorrow in a daylight,i was so eager to post the pictures last nite but could not turn on the lights,baby was asleep lol.
    But i will take better pics.
  20. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Ok,i think i was able to take a "little bit better" pics.
    As i mentioned before i am repersenting the Regiment de Beauce,numbered 68th when the "new regime" decided to "erase" all titles and reminders of the Ancien Regime.
    This regiment wore white with scarlet facings and yellow buttons.
    I did my best to render my version of Scarlet and since i decided to paint the white uniform including gaiters it was a challenge to show all different shadings of white,but i am happy with the result.
    Scarlet: Vallejo Game color Gory red 72011 and a dab of Andrea basic red NAC-33
    Lights, flat orange, and shadows added black to the base color.
    Few washes of Vallejo "scarlet".
    The whites are too extensive but if anyone is interested i will be happy to answer a PM.
    Cheers.

Attached Files:

Edorta and nico37 like this.