1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Scratchbuilt Garde Mobile 1870

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Pete Wenman, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Pete Wenman Member

United-Kingdom
    My first fully completed scratchbuild.

A 90mm Garde Mobile de la Seine, based on the Osprey plate.

The entire figure is scratchbuilt including the Chassepot.

Plenty of errors, but a learning experiance all the same.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Have just noticed I never got around to painting the waterbottle :lol:

Pete
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Outstanding sculpt Pete. As I scrolled down I thought to myself...unusual color for a water bottle....then I saw your last line.. :lol: My wife just did a "Rivet Count" on the Seminole I finished and found that the Indian's loincloth, which has a design sculpted into it, had not been touched...other than primer. Its amazing what we "don't" see after looking at a figure for many hours. ;)
  3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hello Pete, you did an outstanding job sculpting this figure,well done. ;)

Keep up the good work.

Roc. :)
  4. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Lovely work Pete. Excellent sculpting and painting.. Keep up the good work man.
  5. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    !!!

:eek:

In fact, one could convert the Elite 90mm Chasseur a Pied into a garde mobile, I see - shouldn't be too difficult.

I like your work, have you got more 90mm Franco-Prussian war stuff ?? This is beautiful. (y)
  6. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Pete , I wouldn't say plenty of errors if I were you. Good sculpt. Keep it up.

Stephen Mallia
  7. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Good work Pete! Please build more figures from this conflict.
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Pete, Nice job. It's great to see another planet member that sculpts.~Gary
  9. fsdesimone Member

Echo'ing everyone else - very nice! I especially like 90mm scale. Wish there were more stuff in it.
  10. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    ;) Very nice figure! Well sculpted and painted! And I "hear hear" the comments about both 90mm and the FPW - - I like them both.

All the best,
    Dan
  11. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Pete

Yeah great, please try and get the others finished for Welling, make sure you get them into the competition. I will have the date in a couplke of days.... :)

Dave