1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Scots Grey Trumpeter

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Alex Long, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    Here's a few extra pictures of my latest finished work - Boxart for the CGS Military Figures 1/9th scale bust depicting a Trumpeter of the 2nd (Royal British North) Regiment of Dragoons (Scots Greys) at Waterloo 1815 and sculpted by the brilliant and prolific Carl Reid.

Painted in a combination of Jo Sonja, Vallejo and Scale 75 acrylics with oils and enamels over the top.

scotsgreyForeverfinal!.jpg _DSC5761.jpg _DSC5759.jpg _DSC5762.jpg _DSC5763.jpg _DSC5763crop.jpg _DSC5767.jpg _DSC5768.jpg _DSC5769.jpg _DSC5770.jpg

Thanks for looking,
    Alex.
    Ferris, pgarri27, Perseas and 15 others like this.
  2. Funky50 Guest

Absolutly Stunning paintwork Alex.......Kevin
    carl reid and Alex Long like this.
  3. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful painting Alex (y)
    carl reid and Alex Long like this.
  4. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful work mate all round (y) (y)
    Alex Long likes this.
  5. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    wow, good reds.
    Alex Long likes this.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    excellent work.

Marc
    Alex Long likes this.
  7. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Great sculpting and great painting too. No doubt we will see this being given legs and a horse as seems to be the trend at the moment. I look forward to seeing a lot of good renditions of this piece.
    Inaki and Alex Long like this.
  8. Perseas Well-Known Member

Greece
    Congratulations Alex, your amazing brushwork brought to life this magnificent bust!
    Congratulations also to CGS for giving us quality products and ofcourse to Carl Reid for his talent and imagination!
    Alex Long likes this.
  9. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Great painting Alex(y)(y)(y).
    Best wishes, Gary.
    Alex Long likes this.
  10. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    Thanks for the comments guys :)

I received a handful of bases the other day from Bespoke Bases one of which is for the Scots Grey while 2 of the others will be used for the CGS Military Miniatures Coldstream Guard and Inniskilling Dragoon busts to complete the trio of British Waterloo busts. Here's a picture of the bases and of the Grey mounted on one. The Waterloo service medal on the front of the base is a solid bronze coin from the Royal Mint's free commemorative coin offer and just happened to arrive on the same day as the bases, so I thought I'd see how it looked before the real nameplate arrives. The bases themselves are great quality, reasonably priced and as the company name suggests, made to order.

_DSC5797.JPG _DSC5796.JPG _DSC5795.JPG

Alex.