1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Schwerer Panzerspahwagen Kommandowagen

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Alexander Bruce, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Alexander Bruce New Member

This is a project I am just starting, the ugly but nice Panzerspahwagen from Dragon/Cyber Hobby 1/35 'Orange' box value pack kits. This is my first time building a Dragon model and I must say that I have fallen in love with it already. With its beautifully moulded lines and very detailed instructions, building this kit will be a breeze. The kit also comes with four figures of the 'Wiking Division' of the German army, Hungary, 1945. These figures where superbly moulded and where a real 'honour' to paint.

I will have many updates on this model and, as always, tips, comments, queries, concerns, etc are always warmly welcome.

From freezing cold Australia,

Alexander

image.jpg image.jpg
  2. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Alex,

I see you joined in March this year so first off, a slightly belated welcome to pF.

Nothing wrong at all with posting up a tank or whatever as a "vehicle" (excuse the pun) or backdrop for figures (see Dancap's stunning dioramas just for example). However - as much as I personally share your enthusiasm for AFVs - this is really a figures site and is valued as such by many members.

There are many AFV-oriented sites where I'm sure you'd find a more appreciative and enthusiastic audience for this (myself included). Armorama.com is a good one if you're not already familiar with it. They even have a companion figures forum called "Historicus Forma" (hfmodeling.kitmaker.net), although traffic-wise it is much quieter than either Armorama or planetFigure and there's usually a fair bit of tumbleweed blowing around the place. Britmodeller.com is another good one, and of course there are others too.

Apologies if this all sounds a tad petty-minded and churlish, it's not meant that way. But given the level of complaints on here about Military Modelling magazine pretty much abandoning its figures roots and becoming to all intents and purposes an AFV magazine, I think I'm probably right in saying that many members would not be too happy to see this site turned into a meeting place for AFV bloggers, so I'm going to nip this one in the bud and ask you to maybe show us for now the Viking Division figures that you've painted, or maybe bring this build back when you've finished it as a dio featuring your figures.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation, and I look forward to seeing your figures.

- Steve
  3. Alexander Bruce New Member

G'day Steve
    Nah, your spot on about posting AFV stuff. I also belong to Military Modeller Magazine and I was also going to post it there. I had second thoughts after I had posted this so I will just show the Wiking Divison soldiers (probably post them tomorrow).

Kind regards,

Alex
    Graham, Eludia and Babelfish like this.
  4. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A belated welcome to PF Alex, looking forward to seeing your figures :)
  5. Alexander Bruce New Member

Hey Billy, thanks for your welcome
  6. Alexander Bruce New Member

G'day All
    Here are the promised figures from yesterday. The whole kit has four figures, but I am yet to do the others (probably after the initial build).

No.1: An NCO from the Wiking division, Hungary, 1944/45, He is wearing an autumn camoflauge jacket and is holding a Schmeisser Sub-machine and a map of Russia (I think ). Please excuse his head, I painted the original dragon head with enamels and forgot that they tend to take longer to dry and picked it up unknowingly, so I had to revert to the only spare head I have left (a Tamiya one). image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

No.2: A Panzerspahwagen crew member, 1944/45, He is wearing a top with Eichnlaubmuster (Oak leaf pattern) camouflage and pants with a slightly different autumn camouflage pattern. He seems to be holding onto the side of the Panzerspahwagen (I am yet to position him) and he has radio headphones on his ears. He was more enjoyable to build than the soldier and I really enjoyed painting the camp on his hat and smock. All the colours on both figures where made up apart from black and olive drab (Soldier No.1s pants). image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg