1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Scale Model Handbook, Figure Modelling 13 IS OUT!

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Stelios Demiras, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Stelios Demiras A Fixture

Greece
    Hello everyone,
    I am pleased to inform you that Scale Model Handbook, Figure Modelling 13 IS OUT!

This is the 13th book in the Scale Model Handbook series, again presenting lots of information, techniques and tips about modelling miniature figures. This time we have nine articles from eight well-known artists.

Once again our contributors share their techniques for sculpting and painting their masterpieces and we welcome four new ones, who are already established artists, to this edition - Daniel Milosevich, Juanma Vergara, Isaac Jaramillo Sama and Anders Heintz.

Anders Heintz’s “42nd Regiment of Foot at Quatre Bras 1815” is an awesome scratch-built vignette that contains unbelievable movement and detail. Anders reveals his secrets for sculpting and painting.

Javier González (Arsies) returns with a Face Tutorial in 54mm and Ioannis Tsiktsiris paints the bust of a Spartan.Kazufumi Tomori painted the SS Squad Leader, sculpted by the well know master modeller Mike Good that’s featured on our cover. Ernesto Reyes Stalhuth wove his magic once again, painting the 10th Tennessee Flag Bearer and the WWII British SAS Trooper, both Box Art masterpieces.

We would like to thank all of our contributors for their support and sharing their secrets with us, and special thanks must go to Pietro Balloni, Luca Marchetti, Alex Vallejo, Alexey Lucanev, Jon Page, Darren Parker-Mead and Ken Jones.

From all of us at Mr Black Publications thanks must go out to all of our regular readers for their support to our modelling books, and we’re sure that you’ll enjoy this one, the latest in our series of Scale Model Handbooks.

Stelios Demiras
    Editor/Publisher

CONTENTS FIGURE MODELLING 13

4 SS Squad Leader, Russia 1941 - 200mm – Bonehead Models
    12 10th Tennessee Flag Bearer, Irish Brigade, ACW - 200mm - Stormtrooper Miniatures (PPST16 10th FB)
    20 WWII British S.A.S. Trooper -120mm - Alpine Miniatures (16013)
    26 The 42nd Regiment of Foot at Quatre Bras 1815 - 54mm – Scratch-built
    32 Mounted Crusader - 54mm - Pegaso Models (54-525)
    36 Face Painting Tutorial - 54mm - Latorre Models (54/05)
    38 Bonaparte Crossing the Alps - 90mm - Pegaso Models (90-902)
    42 US Paratrooper 101st Airborne, Normandy 1944 - 120mm - Mitches Military Models (120/14)
    46 Spartan Officer 480 BC - 180mm - Young Miniatures (YH1809)

CONTRIBUTORS

Javier González “Arsies” - ANDERS HEINTZ - DANIEL MILOSEVICH - ISAAC JARAMILLO SAMA - ERNESTO REYES STALHUTH - KAZUFUMI TOMORI - IOANNIS TSIKTSIRIS - JUANMA VERGARA

For more information and orders please click here. I hope that you like it!
    Seasons Greetings and Happy New Year!
    www.mrblackpublications.com COVER_SMH13_RGB_WEB.jpg SMH13_WEB.jpg SMH135_WEB.jpg SMH139_WEB.jpg SMH1312_WEB.jpg SMH1315_WEB.jpg SMH1317_WEB.jpg SMH1318_WEB.jpg SMH1320_WEb.jpg SMH1322_web.jpg
    Michael Kalk, Sag997, DEMOH and 8 others like this.
  2. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks like another great issue Stelios, I particularly like the face painting article and it's good to see Anders Heintz join the team
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Nice one Stelios another addition for me

Happy Christmas to you and all of the hardworking team at Mr Black

Nap
  4. daniel Well-Known Member

France
    Hello Stelios,

I wait my copies ... o) Hope a great success with this number

Daniel
  5. Stelios Demiras A Fixture

Greece
    Hello everyone,
    Thank you for your nice comments guys! We are trying each time to give the best we can and keep the interest of our readers alive! The first orders will be on the way very soon!!

Seasons Greetings and have good modeling fan!
    Stelios
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Stelios,

Fear not the interest is always maintained with every issue .

Looking forward to getting mine in the poet

A very Merry Christmas to you and the family

Nap
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi to one and all,

Had a nice surprise today my SMH 13 arrived .....what can I say except it is another fine addition , great articles particular on face painting in 54mm ..oh and ther are some rather nice busts as well ....like it ?

I must compliment Stelios and his team on the excellent packaging and the fast shipping .......customer service at its best

I will do a full review next year!

Nap
  8. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Just received my copy--what an excellent service:) Great production values,too.

Alan
  9. Arsies Active Member

Spain
    wow, thank you guys for noticing my small contribution with tha face painting tutorial. I'm very happy and surprised as It was only a fast article as I hadn't time to do something bigger :D
  10. Stelios Demiras A Fixture

Greece
    Hello everyone, HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015!

Thank you Darren, Kevin, Alan for your kind words.
    Daniel: Thank you for your contribution. Welcome to our team! I hope that you like the book.
    Javier: Thank you for your time to write even a small but very useful and interesting article on how to paint a face. Especially now that your time is very limited with your new born baby!!!

And A BIG THANK YOU to all: contributors, producers, proof editors, art directors and our readers who support our efforts all these years!

Just to inform you that Historex Agents has received the Figure Modelling 13 and is ready to send the orders! Of course you can find all our previous books and an excellent variety of figures, accessories and modelling stuff!! You can follow the link:
    Scale Model Handbook 13, Figure Modelling 13
  11. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi guys ,

This is another nice adition to the series , I will be doing an open book review on this over the weekend

Stelios ...looking forward to number 14 it turned into an almost encyclopaedia of modelling talent

Nap