1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Sarnia Miniatures - new website

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by PLG, Mar 11, 2018.

1. PLG Well-Known Member

I am pleased to announce my new website: www.sarnia-miniatures.co.uk.

We are dedicated to producing high quality 1/10 scale resin military busts which cover a number of different historical periods, including the occasional fantasy figures.

Starting with a small number of busts, the intention is to add, on average, one each month to the range.

The military busts will be a mixture of general subjects and actual personalities, such as recipients of the Victoria Cross The intention is that many of the VC recipients will be lesser known people who have interesting stories which deserve to be remembered, like Adrian Carton de Wiart VC (pictured).

Why 'Sarnia Miniatures'? Sarnia is the Roman name for the island of Guernsey where we are based, bringing together my love of my island home, history and military figurines.

Peter

32E12B1A-AA60-4B94-A9F2-437EA0F0737B.jpeg
    Edorta, Tommi, MCPWilk and 3 others like this.
  2. Graham A Fixture

England
    Just ordered the bust pictured above. Good luck with your venture :)
  3. Andrew Belsey A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I wish you success with this Peter.
    Andy B
  4. Nap Moderator

England
  5. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    good fortune in your new venture
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  6. PLG Well-Known Member

Graham - thank you for the order, it is in today's post.
    Andy - thank you for the good wishes.
    Nap - thank you for the review
    steve - thank you for the support, hopefully modeller with like the choice of subjects
    napoleonpeart and Graham like this.
  7. Graham A Fixture

England
    Ordered on Sunday, in my hand Tuesday morning. Great service, many thanks Peter

BC91BD58-0ECD-4CA4-900D-DC8C25840501.jpeg

And here is is the casting blocks all cleaned up just ready for a bath and primer.

2E22C84F-C54C-4526-90B1-73EC8E4A1DA7.jpeg
  8. PLG Well-Known Member

Hi Guys

I am pleased to announce the release of my forth bust, number 2!

The delay with number two was that I was not happy with the original mould so decided to remake the mould, which has been completed so bust number two can be released.

It is another English Civil War bust, this time it is a pike soldier, here are a couple of photos, (once again superbly painted by Peter Day):

Here is a link to the webpage; https://sarnia-miniatures.co.uk/p/002-ecw-pikeman
    E624FE68-6C41-45F3-9D37-9B5D7547AD07.jpeg
    View attachment 306972

Attached Files:

9. Graham A Fixture

England
    Really like this even though it is a period I have never dabbled in. These are like Pokemon, I have to ‘catch them all’
  10. PLG Well-Known Member

Graham

Excellent pun.

I am surprised by the lack of figures of any scale for this period when you consider just how important it is in our history. Also there can be quite a veriety of colours since they tended to wear normal cloths with the only uniform item being a coat, the colour of which was generally chosen by the regimental colonel. Lots of choice for painters.

Peter
    Graham likes this.