1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Samurai or better Ronin bust from Pegaso

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ulrich, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    I had seen in Ingolstadt a little conversion of the pegaso samurai and because I was so impressed I had "taken" :shy: the idea and here you can see the first results.
    IMGP0055.JPG IMGP0056.JPG IMGP0057.JPG IMGP0058.JPG IMGP0059.JPG IMGP0060.JPG

I will try to paint a bamboo pattern on the kimono (if I can do it) and he will get at last a blade of rice between his lips
    Jamie Stokes and billyturnip like this.
  2. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Don't know if a Samurai would have worn an eye patch as he would have been proud of the Scare :happy:

Ron
  3. REVENGE Well-Known Member

Belgium
    nice work ulrich

ronny
  4. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Looking good, so far, with the pattern added, hopefully this will change it a bit to a satin fabric, as currently it resembles a leather jacket to me....

Great skin tones, like the aged hair effect!

Cheers
  5. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks.
    Ron: It is a ronin and sometimes a samurai is a little bit conceited too :smug:
  6. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ah That explains it ,Ronin did tend to slob it a bit,
    Great idea and nice painting.

Ron
  7. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks. I have try the bamboo pattern but I fear :arghh: the bust will take a bath with a dishing machine tab.
  8. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    I have changed the pattern without a bath and now he is ready. I must correct two or three little things which I have found on the photos but he is on the way into the cabinet

IMGP0075.JPG IMGP0076.JPG IMGP0077.JPG IMGP0078.JPG IMGP0079.JPG IMGP0080.JPG
    Jamie Stokes, Goetz and billyturnip like this.
  9. Goetz Member

Germany
    Well done, Ulli, effective pattern and relaxed version with the straw/rice ear. Will surely look good in the cabinet.
  10. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Brilliant!
    the pattern you chose is very effective, I like how you cut the design off where the fabric is cut (like at the join of the sleeves tot he jacket)

Worthy of study!

Cheers

Jamie
  11. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Thanks you. Much appreciated. Start to paint the next bust
  12. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Well done Ulrich, that a very effective character study.

The blade of rice between his lips is very effective too.