1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Salahadin

Discussion in 'Friends of planetFigure' started by MassiveVoodoo, Aug 18, 2017.

1. MassiveVoodoo New Member

United-States
    Hoi Jungle,

another day, another miniature from my table.
    This time it is a bust started long time ago by Nuts Planet, a very strong historical character out of the movie "Kingdom of Heaven": Salahadin himself.

I painted him differently to most of the great versions I saw on this bust so far, but I so much liked my vision for this bust that I had to answer the call. I painted him looking at the siege of Jerusalem, at night, fires burning, warriors screaming, arrows flying and a breaktrough close at hand. Maybe.

This is a sketch of my vision, a sketched background to make it easier to understand what I mean, but yeah, not much time invested in the background :D

[IMG]

Salahadin
    Nuts Planet, 1:9

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

If you want to see more angles and photos, feel invited to check Salahadin on Putty&Paint.Supercool and nice Benny from Nuts Planet informed me that I glued the nose protection upside down. Mmh. I did not realize it and did it by accident. I thought his big nose needs the big protection. I decided to not change it. Blaim me! And I also did not use the sword hilt included with the model. All my fault, but also decisions in the end :D

I found two WIP photos and you might definatly see this bust in future tutorials for some explanations. It is funny how he once looked through the process:

Really?
    An attack by night? Really? With everything we got? Orange? Nighttime? Throwing everything we got at their walls? ... really?
    [IMG]

Yes! :D
    [IMG]

This bust is not for sale. It is already in private collection.
    Thank you for your support in my work, art and passion!

Keep on happy painting!
    Best Wishes
    Roman

_______________________________________________________________________________
    You want to support Massive Voodoo?
    If you like to support or say thanks the monkeys of Massive Voodoo in what they do, please feel invited to drop a jungle donation in their direction via paypal or check their miniatures they got on sale here.
    _______________________________________________________________________________

Continue reading...