1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Sacrifice, bust from Black Sun miniatures.

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by franck edet, Nov 22, 2017.

1. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    Hello Friends,

I received some times ago this bust from Black Sun miniatures.

Sculptor : Pedro Fernández Ramos
    Box Art : Javier González “Arsies”

Sacrifice-1.jpg

The bust is approximatively 1/16th scale.

the bust arrived in a sturday cardboard box without any fancy details, plain cardboard with a sticker with minimal informations, personnally i'm ok with that as i am not a "collector addicted" but at least a picture on the top would have been cool.

001.jpg

on opening we find the usual synthetic foam layers with parts kept in ziplock bags

002.jpg

the kit itself consists of 4 parts : main torso and head, hands with the Kris knife, hairs to be added on the right side of the face and finally a part to be added to the front part of the cloak.

003.jpg 004.jpg

general impression is quite good with some minor flash to be cleaned-up before assembly

the fit of the hands will need a simple work of filling, but nothing major here. the fact the hands are not molded will allow the painter to place colours on the belly first before total assembly.

Torso : the casting is really good and the cloak folds are really convincing. Face is very expressive with a kind of mystical attitude. the original sculptor choose to depict her sex and pubic parts ... well, i don't think this adds anything to the figure and i definitely will take off this part with my dremel.

The arms show very fine lacing details that will be a good eye catcher once done, hands have a lacing criss-crossing between the fingers and a claw or tooth is hanging from this just at the base of the blade.

005.jpg

The Kris Knife is well done and looks like a sacrificial one. those blades were common in Indonesia and first depictions are to be seen back to the temple of Borobodur in India, dating back to 300 BC.

Kris_pamor.jpg kris001.jpg WE01589f.JPG

to be honest : i can't wait to start painting this bust !

at 18.04 Euros it seems like a pretty good bargain for the painter.

to be noted : i bought this kit and i am not connected to Black Sun Miniatures in any way, just a satisfied customer.
  2. Kevin D. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice open box review! Thanks! Not my cup of tea (can't paint female flesh to save my life) but it shows what to expect from Black Sun. My Old Barbarian from them was of equal quality to your description here. Thanks again.

Kevin
    franck edet likes this.