1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Séria Recipient US congress medal of honor. Part 2. Pappy Boyington- scale 1/9

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by offo, May 2, 2014.

1. offo A Fixture

Ahoj priatelia, v serii majitelovej v USA conress Medal Of Honor prednášku som si vybral dopredu Námorníctvo námornej stíhacím ESO Pappy Boyington. JE na zatuchnutý v. procese, pivo dúfam, ze sa vam Bude páčit tento kandidáta. Obsahuje TIEŽ Medailu sam.
    Palo Ovečka - offo

Prvá časť, Doolittle:
    http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/séria-recipient-uc-congress-medal-of-honor-part-1-jimmy-doolittle-scale-1-9.63904/And Audie Murphy http://www.planetfigure.com/threads...f-honor-Časť-3-audie-murphy-mierke-1-9.64150/

Attached Files:

Borek, Joe55, Gellso and 4 others like this.
  2. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Pretty amazing work - impressed at how quickly you produce these busts in high quality!
    Borek and offo like this.
  3. kurthollar Member

United-States
    offo,

This is another great likeness and a terrific companion piece to the Jimmy Doolittle that you recently shared with us. Excellent work!

Regards, Kurt
    offo likes this.
  4. YDGIN A Fixture

Russian-Federation
    Павел, классный бюст получился!
    offo likes this.
  5. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely work Pavol and quick work too!
    The medal is stunning

Keep them coming!

Gells
    offo likes this.
  6. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Palo,

Great sculpting on the bust and medal. I hope the medal is a miniature one and not actual size. When I released Marine SGT Dan Daly A double recipient of the Medal of Honor, not to produce a full size replica of the medal. It seems it is aginst the law in the U. S. You may want to check that out.

Nick Majerus
    offo likes this.
  7. Nick Majerus Well-Known Member

United-States
    Palo,

Also Pappy Boyington was a Marine Corps Pilot, not Navy.
    offo likes this.
  8. offo A Fixture

Thank you friend, for positive evaluations. (y)
    The medal is the size adapted to the base that is uniform for the entire series heroes of WWII.
    It's about 90% real size. So it is a miniature.
    Drawing box around the medal is 5 x 8.5 cm. This allows you to compare its size.
    And you're right it's Marine Corps but received the Navy version of the Medal.
    Thank you again
    Palo
  9. lopee Active Member

Czech-Republic
    You're faster than light, I think. Well, it's great I think. So keep on this HQ (high quality) sculpting for good because it's already almost legend... wait for it ...dary. :LOL::whistle:
    offo likes this.
  10. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Another beautiful piece of work Palo! The MOH is exquisite (y)!

Joe
    offo likes this.
  11. sd0324 PlanetFigure Supporter

This is an incredible likeness. I like it a lot!
    offo likes this.
  12. swralph A Fixture

Great sculpting
  13. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Very nice piece and a great idea doing the MOH series.
    I may have missed something but is this going to be commercially available?
    I have a friend who s a former Marine and had actually met Boyington and is a big admirer of his.
    I'd love to be able to get this piece for him.
    Thanks,
    Craig
  14. offo A Fixture

For Mongo Mel .
    Thank you for rating. Yes, bust Boyington is part of the heroes of WWII. I've made ​​a series of three heroes of Germany also three heroes from the UK. and they are now finished two heroes holders of U.S. Congress Medal of Honor. Doolittle and Pappy Boyington.
    Whole series product of MMM. http://www.mitchesmilitarymodels.co.uk On these pages can be ordered at very reasonable prices as well as individual busts whole series heroes too. Always with a replica of the medal. rossmitchel84@gmail.co

Good luck and have a nice day Palo
    Mongo Mel likes this.
  15. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Hi Palo,
    Thanks for the information.
    I'll be sure to keep an eye on that site for the Boyington bust release.
    Best of luck with them all.
    Craig.
    offo likes this.
  16. bigtodd PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Palo,

Just like the soviet tanker bust, BRILLIANT!!! (y)

Thanks for all your hard work!!!
    offo likes this.
  17. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Další úžasná busta. Znovu výborná podoba. Fantastická je medaile - skvělé a jemné deataily - to je ono, jen tak dál. Paráda.

Another great bust. Excellent likeness again. Medal is fantastic - great and fine deatail - that's it, keep it up. Pageantry.

Cheers Borek
    offo likes this.