1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Russians Chechnaya,75mm trio so far.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Apr 6, 2017.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello,
    Getting close to finishing this Russian trio.Some details to add ,then some parting.Almost ready for molding.
    Comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

fanai, clrsgt, Grod and 4 others like this.
  2. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Congrats so far on this - it looks a massive challenge and all-round ball ache!

It'll be worth it though, tell us, what made you choose such an unusual subject? It must be very difficult, as I don't imagine there's a lot of after-market stuff you can fall back on, like you can in say 54mm Napoleonic or ACW.
    amcairns likes this.
  3. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    This project is a challenge as regard to fitting of pieces.Most of the hard work is done.
    I chose this image for its humanity.There was a very high casualty rate during this conflict and was thus played down by the Authorities.
    Not a lot of figures or sculptors depict the war in Chechnaya,its something I would like to explore more.
    I listened to the BBC reports on this conflict when living overseas .
    You never know what to believe with the media.
    Andy
    fanai and Babelfish like this.
  4. glenn New Member

Brilliant subject, love the russian stuff. Great job Andy.
    amcairns likes this.
  5. Fantomas A Fixture

Canada
    Well done, Andy! I love it!
    amcairns likes this.