1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Russian Sailor - RJ War

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Dan Morton, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    I received the Russian sailor figure back from Roger Newsome. What a splendid painting!!! I'm overwhelmed by his rendering of the face. He captured the surly, sort of snarling look perfectly.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

The previously posted photos were good but we had such a sunny nice day here in Omaha [center of the known universe] I thought these might come out nice. Note that any shiny finish you see on the figure is the sunshine!

Thanks again Roger!!

All the best,
    Dan
  2. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Dan these photos are much better, thanks for posting.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Dan, This is why I love doing collaborations. It's really interesting to see another painter's interpretation of the sculpture.~Gary
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks, fellas! Didn't Roger do well?!!!

All the best,
    Dan
  5. nagashino New Member

Hey Dan

I've been in the wilderness for a few months but it's nice to come back and find another of your excellent interpretations waiting!

Good stuff

Best regards

Phil
  6. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Phil - Thanks so much! Didn't Roger do a great job?!

Anyway, glad you liked it! Back to working on the Royal Naval Division diorama for moi.

What "wilderness" were you in, Phil? Next week I'm on a business trip to one of my little "wilderness" 's - De Soto, MO. And before I offend anybody, I happen to like the place, though it is a bit too bucolic for a 'city boy' like me. A brief visit from time to time is enjoyable.

All the best,
    Dan
  7. nagashino New Member

Hi Dan

The figure-less wilderness! I got lured back to AFV modelling for a while by someone who wanted some kits built and painted, but it doesn't give me the same buzz as I get from figures.

Yes, Roger's paint job really did Ivan justice, didn't it! I look forward to seeing your RN figures as and when.

Best regards

Phil
  8. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Nice pictures Dan, best to leave the photography to those that know what they are doing. Anyway I can't afford to learn another expensive hobby :lol:

Roger.