1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Rum Ration so far,80mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by amcairns, Aug 23, 2014.

1. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello All,
    The scale of this pair came last into the mix.I had intended it as 75mm, but is a little larger in scale.
    The medic is a short person as you see but his scale is more towards 80mm as the head is bigger than 1/24.
    The injured figure is a taller 80mm figure.So the head size of the pair lean towards 80mm but body heights differ,which is not as easy as it sounds.
    So to those who say "nice figure but not my scale"What is scale in this case?.
    Comments welcome.
    Andy

Attached Files:

2. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Some good sculpting going on there mate. No question about that. The only thing that may detract from it is the discrepancy between the two bloke's sizes. Although as always, I'm aware I'm critising a picture as opposed to the real thing and it'll always look better in the flesh, especially if your photography is as bad as mine.
    Great idea for a vignette, a clasic concept and well executed.
  3. jositomanito Active Member

United-States
    And..........why not convert de "british" in a young boy ??
    so the size of both figures will be more adjusted.
    It is just an idea.......the last decision is yours.
    Good composition. Congrats.
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Good choice of figure sizes, Andy (y). The reality was that both armies fielded troops at both extremes of the height range, so strange as it may be, it was a real occurrence then :LOL:.
    Kudos :D! I may just get it when it is released for sale, Andy :p. Cheers!
    Kenneth.
  5. Funky50 Guest

I remember being told many years ago of the British Bantam battalion in WW1 where I assume most of the soldiers were undersized and some of the big Prussian soldiers used to take them prisoner one under each arm....nice little vignette this?........Kevin