1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP RP09-05 LRRP Vietnam, 1968-69

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Recon, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Recon Active Member

Norway
  2. Bournouna Active Member

United-States
    Great looking bust. Please make him with the bush hat separate from the head, so that a different type of headgear can be used without much of a problem.

Joel
    Babelfish and Recon like this.
  3. Sgt. Red Active Member

This is great stuff!!! Put me up for one...
    Recon likes this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Sverre

Looking good wading through water as well ...be interesting to see how bases are done .

Agree about having a option of a separate hat , maybe have a different hand signal as well ?

Put me down for one !

Following with interest

Nap
    Recon likes this.
  5. vincenzo Well-Known Member

Italy
    nice work! hope to see it finish quickly!!
    Recon likes this.
  6. Recon Active Member

Norway

Finally finished!
    This has been a time-consuming, yet rewarding project. Sculpting started in 2017, casting was done last year, and now the box art is ready.

Sculpted and painted by Sverre Melleby, 3D designed M16 by Jungsan Park of Jshape.

The tiger stripes took some time to get right, but period pictures and good references made the job a bit easier.
    Next step is to design the sleeves for the boxes and start shipping copies around the globe!

[IMG]

[IMG]

I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Information about a release date and a review will follow in due time!

JasonB, Bootneck, JonH and 9 others like this.
  7. chailey Active Member

England
    Really nice, superb painting as well!
    Recon likes this.
  8. Sgt. Red Active Member

Ok. Lets meet outside Ullevål US when the figure is ready. Ok? :)
    Recon likes this.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Sverre

Great to see this all painted up and does it look good .....a long term project but most definately worth it

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    Recon likes this.
  10. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A stunning 3/4 figure as far as it goes, but I wish it hadn't been chopped off at the thighs.

Optional full legs would have appealed more to those of us who (a) think that 3/4 figures don't quite work (b) are rubbish at doing water effects (and I do get that having him wading is the idea) or (c) both of the above. I'd have been happy to pay the extra for that because otherwise it's superb.

- Steve
    Recon likes this.
  11. Recon Active Member

Norway

No problem!
    -Sverre
  12. Recon Active Member

Norway

Thank you for your comment Steve!

Yes, the idea is to have him wading, but don't worry about the water effect, its included!

[IMG]

On the box art I have painted the base in a few different brown and green tones and applied a brush coat of clear floor lacquer to give it sheen. It actually worked out better than I expected.

I see your point with adding legs, making it a full figure. This one will be 3/4, but I want to make more full figure in the future. Maybe a couple to accompany the wading LRRP for a little "river crossing" vignette?!

Thank you again for the comments and suggestions!

Cheers
    Sverre
    Sgt. Red, Babelfish and Nap like this.