1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Royal Deux-Ponts Tambour, Yorktown 1781

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Sep 15, 2008.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Greetings-

These pictures are of a figure I originally completed early in the diorama. As I've added others around it, I decided this drummer could benefit from my experience and was in need of a little enhancement. So, he came down off the shelf and received a bit of additional paint using some of the techniques I've picked up here at pF.

The body is also a Modeles and Allures 1767 figure that has been converted using Magic Sculpt and Procreate, but the head is from the Art Girona (Soria Regiment) Drummer. Caught the fleur de lys falling off the figure in the rear view photo but couldn't find it afterward.:rolleyes: Thank you all for any thoughts or comments...Regards, Daniel

[IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Excellent work, although sometimes it's good to keep your old figures to judge how far you've come. I am forever stripping the paint or taking them apart and NEVER putting them back again.

I look forward to seeing the other figures
  3. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    The blues look really good. :) You might want to add some more depth to the drum though. A wash or two might do the trick. And/or you could put a regimental symbol or or pattern or something on the drum to break up the gold a bit.

I think the tricky thing about a big diorama is having all the figures look similar stylistically as one is picking up tips and improving so touching up earlier figures now and again is a good idea. :) Now for individual figures, it's nice to keep them as they are so you have an idea of progress made.
  4. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    I would give the drum some more shade too. A bit of burnt umber or so mixed in the gold would do the trick.
  5. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great work, the back of the jacket looks very nice! I agree with the others that the drum lacks shadows and highlights for the gold and blue.