1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Ronin

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ulrich, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    I have start to paint a 90mm Ronin from Pegaso. I don´t know why they called him a Ronin and show him with a Mon on his armour. Ronin are Samurais without a "clan". But I have painted him a Mon too, but decide to make the Mon looking old. He is not finish

IMGP0023.JPG IMGP0024.JPG IMGP0025.JPG IMGP0029.JPG IMGP0030.JPG

I know that the sign on the last photo is not historical correct, because they don´t do it, but it is the symbol for "KI" and because I train AI KI DO I use it.
    At the moment (it is always good to have enough bases at home:cool: ) I have change the base a little bit
    IMGP0035.JPG IMGP0036.JPG IMGP0037.JPG

I have at the moment a discussion with some friends if the two figures fit together. The first ronin is dated from Pegaso "Tokugawa period, 19. century" and the new one end of 16. century. But Tokugawa lives from roundabout 1550 until 1620 and his clan reigns until 1860 in Japan. So not really helpful. If the armour of the both fit together I will make a two figure base. At the moment I think I will do a little creek from the hole from the upper base to the foreground. But I will see

Comments and critics are very welcome because they are in normal cases very helpful
  2. Helm A Fixture

England
    They called it Ronin cos "thats like a totally cool name right ?" would be my guess mate as for your work looks very good hard to tell if they fit together at this stage but so far it does look right to me, will enjoy seeing how this turns out. Nice one

Steve
  3. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Steve
    the second one is that guy
    Samurai02.jpg

He is wearing a different armour, so I didn´t know if I put a "soldier of the 30-years-war" together with one from the Napoleonic period
  4. Helm A Fixture

England
    I would say that the two are compatible, armour periods while we do divide them into time scales are very fluid as armour whether European or Japanese is very expensive so long after it's out dated/unfashionable you will find people wearing it as hand me downs or loot, after all out dated armour is better than no armour usually. Also Japan is a very traditional country and especially in that time period traditional people are by and large very loathe to change things so in short I think it'll work just fine.

Steve