1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Romeo - News

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Martin Antonenko, May 16, 2017.

1. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Title: Officer – 24th Regiment of Foot – Zulu Wars
    54 mm
    Whitemetal
    Sculptor: Maurizio Bruno
    Boxart: Luca Gubitosi
    Number: RM_54_121

[IMG]

[IMG]

-----------------------------------
    Title: Centurio Ordinarius of Legio III Diocietiana, Egypt, AD 285
    54 mm
    Whitemetal
    Sculptor: Gianni La Rocca
    Boxart: Andra Terzolo
    Number: RM_54_122

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cheers
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Both are amazing.
    But they are also done by two masters.

Marc
  3. Bootneck Well-Known Member

Like the overall look of the figures but the helmet of the 24th of foot officer doesn't look correct to me. This may be down to my ignorance and it could be me that's incorrect.
    Peter.
  4. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Love the Roman which is a nice change from (another) Lorica clad figure but I agree with Peter above; something looks odd about the 24th Regt. figure's helmet and it seems a bit 'bulbous' at the top. Perhaps it's just a trick of the camera?

Gary
  5. Dewi Evans Member

United-Kingdom
    I agree about the helmet Peter, but a beautiful figure nonetheless.
    MCPWilk, Blind Pew and Bootneck like this.
  6. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    I like the Roman and agree about the helmet of the officer of the 24th
    Dewi Evans likes this.
  7. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Gents,
    I have roughly doctored a picture, apologies for the rough shod editing I'm not very good with this application. I think what is throwing you on the 24th figure are a couple of points.
    The more classical shape of the foreign service helmet, this one looks very tall and domed. The style of tunic, with V cuts in the rear and white piping around. Most officer wore some type of O.R. tunic on active service. Also the collar is green, definitely more Zulu movie, the collar would have been red and may or may not have had the green collar tabs.
    Still I will have a look at this figure in the flesh sometime.
    cheers
    Richie
    romeo24thofficer.jpg
  8. chailey Active Member

England
    It does seem that quite a few sculptors struggle with the foreign service helmet, plus I should think the undercuts must cause some headaches when casting.
    Richie's interpretation looks about right to me.
    Blind Pew, Dewi Evans and Bootneck like this.
  9. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Have to agree, that helmet on the 24th officer looks way off.

I like the Roman. Something a bit different.

- Steve
    Blind Pew, Bootneck and Dewi Evans like this.
  10. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I did gather years ago that the foreign service helmet, along with the British tin helmet are amongst the most difficult things to make appear 'just right.'
    Maurizio is a top class sculptor and a great guy without doubt, and I am a fan of his but he maybe should have took advice on this one. It is a very difficult thing to get right.
    stoffy01 and Bootneck like this.
  11. Huw63 A Fixture

The Roman looks great but the officer 24th foot looks definitely wrong from my perspective. Thaks to Richie for sharing information.

Cheers,

Huw
  12. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Both very nice figures when viewed outside of accuracy. Just feel it's a big shame the 24ths helmet isn't right - and an OR tunic would have made a more accurate but equally attractive figure. I guess they were aiming for a figure with some grandeur and dash hoping to attract painters that like all the piping etc.
    Anyway , I wish all the best for sales as Romeo and their sculptors produce some top figures.
    Cheers
    Mat
    Blind Pew likes this.
  13. Huw63 A Fixture

Just a thought - as a pretty good manufacturer why don't Romep resculpt the head of the officer of the 24th.

Atelier Maket did something similar with their Mamluke figure as the first head wasn't right and for those who had already bought the kit I think that they issued free heads.

Cheers

Huw
    Redcap, OldTaff, Blind Pew and 2 others like this.
  14. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I think it might take this, or nobody will buy it. It's just too wrong.
    Bootneck, Huw63 and Redcap like this.
  15. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Id be quite happy to do the necessary mods, if required - Ive lost count of the British FS helmets Ive had to modify.....!(y)
    Huw63 likes this.
  16. Huw63 A Fixture

Offer your services to Romeo - the more I look at this figure the more I think of Bill and Ben - no idea why but I do!
    Redcap likes this.
  17. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
  18. stoffy01 PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Hi Richie,
    Thought I'd throw my hat or foreign service helmet into the ring and post this as well. I'm not have a go at the sculpting by the way, it's a tuff gig, but IMHO it's not quite right.

Cheers
    Chris.[IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Redcap, Blind Pew, Richie and 2 others like this.
  19. madgarden New Member

20. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    The more you look at the helmet the more it screams "wrong!" If Romeo simply held off the figure's release to re-sculpt the head and then take a new box art picture, then I rather suspect that the number of (additional) figures subsequently sold would far outweigh the modest cost of this single part being revised. It is now in their own hands to determine if they (potentially) have a 'Classic' or a 'Turkey' in their range.

Come on Romeo!

Gary
    chailey, stoffy01 and valiant like this.