1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Roman Soldier

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Glen, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Glen Active Member

United-States
    Howdy,

This is Elite's 70mm Roman Soldier of the Marcomannic Wars. Andrea/Vallejo/Reaper acrylic paints with polished metal helmet, armor, shield boss, and sword blade.

Comments and questions welcome.

Cheers,

Glen

Attached Files:

2. Djoubri M Well-Known Member

France
    hello, a beautiful figure. I hope to paint it one day.
    (it's a 70mm)
    beautiful effort of painting.
  3. Paul Kernan A Fixture

Canada
    Glenn
    Looks like a re-release of the old Poste Militaire from the 80's. Right? Always liked it but remember reading a review about it years ago that said there were a number of problem with it. Among other things, too many bands on the armour.
  4. Glen Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the compliment Djoubri. I corrected the 90mm to 70mm. Most of the stuff I paint is 54mm medieval, so anything above that tends to be whatever size/scale pops into my head when I'm typing... It's middle-age y'know ...and it's really hot.

Thanks for the heads up Paul. I really don't know too much about PM's history, although I do have a small number of their kits. I picked this one up from Michigan Toy Soldier shortly after it came out in an Elite box. I finally got around to painting it. The kit's fit and finish were great. Don't know nuthin' 'bout no armor bands. :)
  5. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Glen,
    Came out nicely. Like the shield colour.
    Cheers
    John
  6. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Glen. I have this one tucked away as well.

I know about the heat.......its 112 degrees here now.
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Glen,
    Good work on this classic figure.

marc