1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Roman Optio

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by bistray, Jul 18, 2014.

1. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    Gaudin, im quite happy with any kind of feedback, whether its for my sculpting or painting, and your right constructive criticism is a good way to improve whatever your doing and I think its quite hard to criticise other people work, I do this because I love the hobby and ive had some success with the figures ive sculpted, I try to get every figure I sculpt right but there are often varying references to the same thing, that's why I didn't comment on the thread that slated the figure, nothing that was said was backed up to any degree with any evidence to say that the figure was wrong so not worth my time to comment.
  2. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks good Paul,

I loved your Uxbridge as well...before it rugby tackled my Afghan figure at Euro that is.

Following with interest.

Gells
  3. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Paul/Dimitry,

You will have the chance to meet up at the White Rose Xmas bash if you decide to come, an ideal opportunity to discuss sculpting!? Dimitry if you had some constructive comment to make about Paul's sculpt then you could also do it by PM rather than open forum. It might be helpful to make contact that way, you are both good sculptors and can only benefit from one to one contact....you don't live too far apart either!

Keith
  4. Funky50 Guest

Just bought this myself so looking forward to seeing end result...by the way this figure sold out at Euro so can't have to many problems ...It looked really good on the MMM stand ......Kevin
    MMM likes this.
  5. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Keith, why should constructive comments be done in private rather than open forum? Your response seems to imply that you sense some kind of tension or beef, I assure there is none.
  6. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    ok guys lets not get off track, let be warm and fuzzy ;)
    Gaudin likes this.
  7. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England

Hi Dimitry, I'm sorry if my post was misinterpreted or conveyed the wrong impression. What I was trying to say was that if you get to know someone well enough then it is easier to have a frank and honest exchange of ideas by PM if you wish to avoid comment from 3rd parties on an open forum.

I hope that clarifies things?..........best regards.........Keith
  8. Gaudin A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    All is well.
  9. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    glad that's settled then :) ill get some more done to this when my new cave is ready, just moved house so theres a bit to do
  10. Bootneck Well-Known Member

Hi Paul
    Like you I am waiting for my cave to be updated, stripped it out completely to accommodate of all thing a boat kit I have bought. Joiner comes next Wednesday. Not done any Modelling since before Euro.

Having withdrawal symptoms.

Good luck with your cave and watching with interest as we don't see many painted examples of MMM figures.

Peter.
  11. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi
    Well I am all warm and fuzzy nothing to do with a perfectly created bottle of JD lol, coming along great mate love the face and the painting missed this when it first came out but will follow with interest ,o go to your room and and study for your exams .
    For what it's worth I don't mind constructive positive or negative ,we all wince a bit when it comes ,that human nature , bit strangely I was looking at the paint and putty site looking at the art work ,there was a bust and it was smoking a cigarette it was awesome art work , the comments were many and of great admiration of skill however he was smoking a filter cigarette when at the that time there were non , there was not one comment lol lol , however if We had done that iam sure it would have been picked up , I think that those very select people are very talented ,but they don't walk water either ,lol

Cheers Chris
  12. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    thanks for the well wishes guys, joinery tools come out tomorrow to start on the cave, then the decorating tools, then the carpet fitting tools.....................then modelling :)
  13. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Got my copy of the Optio today, looks the biz, will start cleaning it up tomorrow along with the inniskilling dragoon, (will do a Wip as and when I can)
  14. bistray Well-Known Member

England
    looking forward to it Malc