1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Roman legionary

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by MuzaferVaapov, Jan 24, 2018.

1. MuzaferVaapov Active Member

Roman legionary. Kit by Legion Minuatures. Scale-1/10. Material supersculpey and magic-sculpt.

IMG_6475.JPG IMG_6476.JPG IMG_6477.JPG IMG_6478.JPG IMG_6479.JPG IMG_6480.JPG
  2. Romariogendalf A Fixture

Greece
    Ready for preorders
    Oda likes this.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent.
    Considering to buy it.
    In my humble opinion the left hand should be more on the head from the victim.

Marc
    Perseas likes this.
  4. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Nicely sculpted, but why is a centurion about to cut the throat of a fellow Roman?

Mike
    Perseas likes this.
  5. Oda A Fixture

Civil wars Mike.Roman history is full of them and they were all brutal and ferocious.

Oda.
    Perseas likes this.
  6. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Doesn't really work for me. The pose looks too ... "posed" (for want of a better word), and the facial expressions way too relaxed considering the intensity of the situation. The victim almost looks like he's sleeping peacefully.

- Steve
    Redcap likes this.
  7. Red Five Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    If he’s a centurion the scabbard needs to go on his left, slyetnatively you can change the crest and call him a legionary.

The two rivets on the left side of the helmet need to above the cheek guard as they hold the hinge on place.

Apart from that it looks great

Andrew.
    Perseas and Oda like this.
  8. Romariogendalf A Fixture

Greece
    We will follow to your recomendations
    Red Five, Perseas and napoleonpeart like this.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Its nice ...what sort of price are we looking at ?

Think I might leave off the victims hand and build up the hair so it's being held .

I like this but facially I agree with Steve

Have Legion not got any suppliers outside Russia ?

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  10. Andreas K. Member

Germany
    I like it a lot , just a notification , the Face expression could be quite calm if killing his Master is seen as a kind of duty .
    Perhaps the Victim was a Leader who lost a Battle , so possibly he decides to die to avoid the shame .
    Like said just a Notification :)
    Greetz Andreas
    Perseas and Oda like this.
  11. Oda A Fixture

I like the way you think Andreas.

Oda.
    Perseas and Andreas K. like this.
  12. REMOVED PlanetFigure Supporter

Have to say, this isn’t really fitting with history and does indeed look posed..not that a good painter can’t bring some drama..but it’s not for me
  13. Andreas K. Member

Germany
    History says Varus and his Generals did it , Nero needed help by his Servant Epaphroditus for his suicide . Didn´t he use a Knife ?
    Is that wrong ?
    Best Regards
    Andreas
    Oda likes this.
  14. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Imperial Gallic helmet:

Imperial Gallic helmet.jpg

Mike
    Oda and Perseas like this.
  15. MuzaferVaapov Active Member

Coolness - is the main emotion that I wanted to convey.
    Andreas K. and Romariogendalf like this.
  16. Perseas Well-Known Member

Greece
    Extending Andreas K. notification and Oda's comment, Praetorian guards killed emperors such as Nero and Caligula because of their "mad behavior".
    Congratulations Legion Minuatures for an excellent bust!!!
    Oda and MuzaferVaapov like this.
  17. REMOVED PlanetFigure Supporter

Nerō committed suicide. Caligula was assasinated by stabbing much same style as Caesar..it’s just nothing special beyond shock value..it’s not an assasination look..more a sacrifice look..and the praetorian looks bit too unruffled for what’s going on..
  18. REMOVED PlanetFigure Supporter

Apologies for levity, but would make for a good title: “die recaster scum” ...I’d buy it for that
    Oda likes this.
  19. Bundook Active Member

Scotland
    Sorry. Didn't mean to necro the thread. Didn't notice it was that old. :( Can this be removed by a mod?
  20. pinsel123 Active Member

hmmmm maybe an little bit to piecefull and yelling aggresive stance on the roman and an agonized face if the germanic and more dramitic posing some twisting and turling...cutting an throat is nothing which looks so peace fully like this..more energie more drama more brutality