Completed ROMAN GLORYs last week in Leganes

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Paulo, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Paulo Active Member

Hello Planeteers, so glad that I can share with you this work. It was last week on MUNDIALITO contest, in Leganes/Madrid, It was part of the Portuguese Team AMM, as you know its forbiden to show photos before the MUNDIALITO contest, so here they are.
    DSC02551.JPG

Attached Files:

Borek, fermatgom, stoffy01 and 10 others like this.
  2. Paulo Active Member

You may care that the metal are in Non Metalic Metal, rest ofpainting is acrilic.

Attached Files:

Borek, Martin64, Vital and 1 other person like this.
  3. Paulo Active Member

Sorry this is a somewhat big post, but I do think you´ll like ...

Attached Files:

Borek, stoffy01, Martin64 and 10 others like this.
  4. tomifune PlanetFigure Supporter

Really nice work with muted but detailed tones. Interesting breakdown on the shield design. Could you share the non metallic metal techniques you used?

Bob
    clrsgt likes this.
  5. Nicolaos Active Member

Lovely result, warm congrats!
    Nicolae
  6. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

I have had a Roman Shield sitting on my bench for 12 months plucking up the courage to have a go at free handing the design-You have given me the spur I need to give it a go with this breakdown, many thanks for posting.

Keith
    clrsgt, OldTaff, Redcap and 1 other person like this.
  7. John Bowery PlanetFigure Supporter

Thanks for the SBS.
    The scene came out great.
    Cheers
    John
  8. Paulo Active Member

Thanks for the words !! Actually I had a lot of fun doing this work, I believe this is important to. I forgot to say thet, figures are 54mm from SEIL and ROMEO Models.

Bob the non metalic is a interresting technique, I believe everybody should do it at least once, because it works mostly on light spots and shadows. I´m more keen on true metalics, but is good to change some times and after doing this , my true metalics are bether because, NMM is arder to get. So you lose nothing trying. The colours are Brown and ochre, last lights are Ivory, but i´m afraid is a little complex. So I promise you I´ll do a SBS on this (quite soon), I believe is the best way. Pay atention to my next posts.

Finnaly Keith, dont you believe your shield waited to long? Come on and have fun with him. I give you another push a SBS on the other shield. Please wonderstand that there is a lot of zoom in the pictures, actual size of the shield is like a 1 Euro coin.
    Sheers

Attached Files:

Borek, Tecumsea, stoffy01 and 8 others like this.
  9. Blind Pew A Fixture

Very well done, I do like what you've done with these........
  10. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

I was in the same boat, Keith, but in a mad moment decided to jump overboard, and splash about:confused: It's working out OK(ish), thanks to great SBS' like Paulo's. Courage, mon brave (y)

Alan
    Tecumsea and Babelfish like this.
  11. clrsgt A Fixture

Very well done. The shield work is exceptional.
  12. franck edet Member

superb works ! it just motivates me to push my tries on the NMM technic :)