1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Roman Fort under Briton attack

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Dacillona, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Dacillona Member

Spain
    Hi to everybody!
    The last few months I have been working in a large diorama based on britons attacking a roman fort. In addition to this, roman equites are charging them in order to save their companions. The diorama is far away from being finished but I want to share with you some pictures. I know I am an starter in this hobby compared to all the artists that post their works here but I am enjoying a lot working in this diorama :) . I apoligize for the quality of the photos as I took them using my Iphone. I will try to take more pictures with better quality. (The roman mounted officer is the one from Conte and the only one which is not painted by me...). All advices are welcome!:)

la foto 14.JPG la foto 15.JPG

Attached Files:

theBaron, MCPWilk, stoffy01 and 17 others like this.
  2. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Holy smoke! :eek: That is one hell of an undertaking and enjoying it is all you need.(y)

Cheers
    Tommi
    anstontyke likes this.
  3. Dekiman Well-Known Member

Great effort,great scene and lot of details.
    Enjoy your work .
    anstontyke likes this.
  4. jai A Fixture

Italy
    It sees a lot of passion
    anstontyke likes this.
  5. Dacillona Member

Spain
    Thanks for your words buddies!! :) it is a big challenge for me!!! I will be posting more pictures showing as soon as I have time to develop the diorama a bit more...
  6. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Wow! Huge project!
    I love these large scale dioramas. I've been reading the Simon Scarrow series following the Roman centurions Macro and Cato... this dio really puts me to mind the novels set in Britain, "The Eagle and the Wolves" in particular, maybe because I just finished it last night!

Good work and don't stop until it's done!!!!

Colin
    anstontyke and Dacillona like this.
  7. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    For a starter it's a great attempt at a good-sized diorama. All that matters is that you enjoyed making it and have picked up a few ideas as to how to make the next one even better!

Happy modelling,

Mike
  8. lolok Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice work.. As it is British warriors taking on the Romans they don't need that notorious Scottish general Alex ferguson supervising from the rear area.
  9. Dacillona Member

Spain
    Sorry for my late reply...i have been really busy at the office the last few weeks...Yes, Colin! I agree with you! I am also a big fan of Cato and Macro...and when i started this diorama located in Britania i got some influences from there :)
    anstontyke likes this.
  10. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Well done ! A massive undertaking and a great action piece. Where on God's earth are you going to display and store it?:wideyed:
    anstontyke likes this.
  11. marco55 Well-Known Member

United-States
    very nice.Love them Romans!
    Mark
    anstontyke likes this.
  12. tomifune A Fixture

United-States
    Great scene!! A lot of time and effort and a wonderful dream realized!!

Bob
    anstontyke likes this.
  13. Dacillona Member

Spain
    Hi everybody!I hope you could enjoy some vacations during the easter break. I have continued working on my diorama during the last few months in my spare time...I m gonna try to finish it before this coming summer...:) and I want to share with you some more pictures. I have added some more figures inside the roman fort, another roman war machine and the general tent defended by a second Wall. Outside the fort,I have more romans legionaries charging against the briton warriors and moreover I have used some vallejo still wáter to create the river effects. I hope you will like the new steps in my diorama. IMG_6516.JPG

Attached Files:

14. Dacillona Member

Spain
    Oldtaff...hahaha I think I am not going to move that diorama from this table :) ...However, I am having problems to find an urn to have it protected once it is finished...
    anstontyke likes this.
  15. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Bloody hell I've just realised how familiar a lot of these figures are and the sheer scale involved ............ If I chanced anything like this it wouldn't require groundwork..... it would be Grounds for Divorce Work.
    Well done that man (y)
    Cheers
    Derek
    arj, anstontyke and OldTaff like this.
  16. Mark S Guest

Congratulations on such a massive undertaking.
    You must have a real passion for the period of history you have portrayed in such detail....well done.
    anstontyke likes this.
  17. kevininpdx Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wow 54mm. That's the most ambitious modeling project I've ever seen.
    anstontyke likes this.
  18. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    WOW !!!! that's a lot of work, and a great piece of story telling. you must be very proud of what you have achieved. well done and, keep it up.

Ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
    anstontyke likes this.
  19. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I could certainly see one of the Hadrian's Wall museums wanting to get their hands on this monumental work. Great storytelling !(y)
    "Romani ite domum!"( Romans go home):LOL:

Alan
    anstontyke and DEL like this.
  20. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    The Britons seem to be in a difficult situation although enforced by some German Britons;)! There is a lot going on in this diorama and you regrouped some figures from well-known scenic settings in a very creative way. Awesome size and amount of work!
    Cheers, Martin
    anstontyke and DEL like this.