1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Rifle brigade, Sevastopol 1865

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gforceman, Apr 13, 2004.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

Include a picture of this latest Latorre figure (I just LOVE the sculpting of this man). It's a 54mm white metal casting, and all the paint thrown on so far is acrylic. The face is ready (well i might add some touches here and there) the hat is highlighted and the hair needs to be more highlighted and shaded.

As always I would LOVE to hear what you think of it.

Greetz,

Gino.

[IMG]
  2. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Gino

Looking good; love the subtleness of your faces!

Just tried to get this figure from Historex Agents but they haven't heard of it! Where did you get yours from Gino?

:)

Rob
  3. jitch0t Member

Spain
    nice Gino!

i hope to get it next saturday in Leon Rampante 2004 ;)
  4. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Gino! I was looking to do this figure too. Keep up the great work and PLEASE keep the SBS coming! I want to see how this baby turns out.

Jim Patrick
  5. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice work matey. The acrylics are working out fine.

Robin
  6. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the nice comments. I'll post more as I progress. I have a figureshop myself (sometimes handy, sometimes a hell when you have to let go figures you want to paint yourself), so I ordered a bunch at Art Girona. http://www.girona-soft.com/art-girona// Should anyone have trouble getting this kit, you can give me an e-mail and I'll send it. I also do postorder.

Greetings,

Gino.
  7. rdclaeps New Member

Gino,

Have you done anymore work on this figure? I've been thinking about picking one up and would enjoy seeing your painted version. I read the kit's review on this forum, what was your option of the sculpting and casting? take care, Roger
  8. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Gino, (y) (y) ;keep up the good work and post more soon.Cheers !
    Kenneth :)
  9. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

i have been working on this figure a bit, so here are some more pictures. The green is a kind of hard colour to paint, especially to highlight. On the other hand, there are lots of details which only become appearant once you start to paint. Great!!!

Anyway, I would like to hear all your comments and tips on how to improve what I've done so far.

@ Roger: the sculpting of this figure was perfect (as with all figures sculpted by latorre). There were very fine mould lines and the fit of parts was excellent too. I recommend this figure without any hesitation.

Sunny greetings,

Gino.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  10. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looking great so far Gino! Yes, green is a tough color to paint, but your handeling it well. I feel Latorre's figure are very painter friendly, particulary to acrylic painters.
    Keep them coming Gino!
  11. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Gino,

Looking good. I look forward to seeing more of him.

Joe
  12. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

I have been painting a bit on this Latorre figure and thought you might be intrested in some pictures. Apart from some detail (bayonet, socks, shoes and rifle) the figure itself is finished. I can then start concentrating on the groundwork; one of my favourite jobs about figures. As soon as the figure is finished I'll post some more pics.

All hints, tips, remarks, etc... are more then welcome.

Greetz,

Gino

[IMG]

[IMG]
  13. olly_usafsoc New Member

Excellent Gino, simply excellent. I think i may have to get this myself... :lol: