1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Relaxed German tanker

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gforceman, Aug 25, 2004.

1. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi everyone,

I just got the new release from Alpine and I had to do one myself (the modellers virus you know). I choose their latest offering: a relaxed German tanker. Cleaning up was a breeze: I only had to remove the moulding plugs. Putty was not needed, I only needed some Magic Sculp at the neck. But that's because I pinned the head (you get two different heads by the way) not so good (read: bad). The big crate is ADV, the small one Armand Bayardi, the tools Plus Model and the jerrycan comes from Dragon. The green pieces are rags I sculpted out of Duro. All is mounted on a D.M.C. design base.

All Comments are welcome.

Greetings,

Gino

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. olly_usafsoc New Member

looking very promising Gino, i may have to add this little stunner to my own ocllection :)
  3. zyclyon Active Member

Singapore
    Hi Gino,

looks very promising so far. It's always good to work the composition and layout first before actually starting work on the figure. Hope to see more progress soon!

cheers,

Calvin
  4. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Gino.......you have the knack for developing a beautiful scene. Combined with your excellent painting talents, I look forward to seeing this come alive
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    That is a very nicely sculpted figure!

The composition is also looking great.
  6. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi all,

I had some time this afternoon, so I put some paint on this new Alpine figure. The face should be ready, the hair is just basecoated. As always I only used acrylics.

All remarks are appreciated.

Greetz,

Gino

[IMG]
  7. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Gino, kinda hard to judge the flesh tones with the picture being so blown up. I'm sure the face is up to your normal standards but why not show us a pic not quite so large? It'd make it a lot easier to see the face as it will more than likely appear.

Sorry :(
    Jim Patrick
  8. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi guys,

this afternoon I tried to paint this figure's jacket. Iwas told at ww2modelmaker that this type of jacket was only made in reed green. I had no concrete idea of how this should look, so I might be completely wrong. In reality the jacket is a little bit lighter in colour. All help on how I can improve this figure are appreciated. I think the head is finished, unless someone comes up with some tips or ideas on how I can improve it.

Many thanks in advance.

Greetz,

Gino.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi all,

due to a lot of work I haven't been able to spend as much time on the forum as I would like. I hope to be more active after Euro. i have been painting on this Alpine figure. All that needs to be done is the finishing of his boots. i also will redo the green in the camo as I don't like this very much. Please let me know what you think of it.

Many thanksin advance.

Best wishes,

Gino

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  10. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi all,

Now that Euro is past I will have some more time to come on the internet. Included I post some pics of my latest figure. It's a 1/35th scale Alpine miniatures figure. The big crate is from ADV,the small one from Armand Bayardi. All is mounted ona D.M.C. design base.As always I painted everything in acrylics. I would love to hear what you guys think of it? Many thanks in advance.

Greetz,

Gino.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  11. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Nicely done, Gino. Especially the Italian Camo.

What is the background with the trees and mountains. I like it. Enhances the effect.

Keith
  12. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi Keith,

Thanks for your comment.

The background is just a picture cut out a magazine and placed behind the model. I'm always on the lookout for this kind of pictures.

Greetz,

Gino