1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Registered member access

Discussion in 'PF Workshop' started by gordy, Jul 17, 2011.

1. 1937jag New Member

United-States
    Fernando,

I, for one, thank you! It's like waiting for that much-anticipated Christmas present as a kid!

Thank you, again, for taking the time to instruct us and follow through with the remaining information. I have several guys back here at my local club waiting to see what I learned. (y)

Love the finished figure, too.

Cheers,
    Doug
    Fernando Ruiz likes this.
  2. Wigdog Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Fernando - really look forward to looking at the SBS and finishing the figure. It's like washing a car - if you want it to rain, you wash the car. I finally went ahead and started painting the rest of the figure without the SBS - so now I can see if I actually learned something and if I didn't, I'll have your notes/pictures to follow up on once we get the PDF.

Best wishes to your future endeavors and certainly hope we cross paths again.

Special thanks to Gordy as you have really started something with this workshop - I know of four workshops now being planned in the coming year in the states and that's GREAT! Hope to see many of you again in class down the line.

If any of you make it to the Atlanta Show, please make sure I know you'll be there!

Best, Dave Wiggins, Atlanta club member
  3. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Thanks to you, guys, for your understanding and patience ;)
    FeR
    Wigdog likes this.
  4. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    I know I'm making plans to be there. Joe Hudson as well. Keep your fingers crossed (y)

Jim Patrick
    Wigdog likes this.
  5. Wigdog Active Member

United-States
    Patrick, look forward to seeing both you and Joe in Atlanta!

For all my classmates in this thread - in case you haven't heard - Doug Cohen is doing a one day workshop at the APG show in August. I'm going to copy what was written earlier in case you might be interested. The class is so small that it will fill up very quickly I think! I certainly hope to take this class. Regards. Dave

"The APG would like to announce that it will be sponsoring a painting workshop by Master Miniature Artist Doug Cohen on August 2nd 2012 in Fredericksburg, VA at the Hospitality House. Doug will be demonstrating and instucting painting in acrylics as a fund raiser for the APG in conjunction with the 2012 show. Seats for the 8 hour workshop are limited to 12 at $150 each. (APG members will receive a 10% discount) Details are still being worked out but as of now the figure (yet to be determined) and base will be provided. We are still working on the paints and brushes.

To register contact Mike Stelzel at infomikeapg@aol.com. "
  6. Piotrec Active Member

United-States
    Guys, have any of you downloaded the PDF file from the workshop? I ask because I have but I gives an error whenever I try to extract it.
  7. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Hi!
    I don't know if the others have managed to extract the zip file but I have tried and it happens the same that happened to Piotr :confused:. It seems the file is corrupted...
    FeR
  8. 1937jag New Member

United-States
    Happened to me too. I e-mailed Gordy about it. Perhaps if the file is broken into smaller sections?

So close!
  9. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Sorry folks :D The zip file is now fixed! (y)
  10. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    I just read the first parts of the file, excellent work Fernando and thank you again for a great class!
  11. Fernando Ruiz Well-Known Member

Spain
    Thanks to you! I'm only sorry it took so much to be complete but it is a bit extense as you can see.
    Egards
    FeR
    Wigdog likes this.
  12. Wigdog Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Fernando and Gordy! Works great for me and will really enjoy studying the SBS. Regards, D