1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Re: NAPOLEON to Egypt - Gerome COMPLEETE

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MAB, Dec 5, 2011.

1. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Hi to all, is a bit of time I do not put something on the forums, and I take this opportunity to share with you this project that a couple of days hangs on my desk.
    This is a unique (for Private collection) in 75 mm, the image that inspired me to know a little all, is a famous painting by Jean Leon Gerome shows Napoleon in Egypt in 1798, after a careful analysis of 'image, I found some minor errors uniformologic, I flew on an order not to distort the image too much (the waistband out of order even though there could conceivably be) of some others do not but we'll see more later ..... I take this opportunity to thank Marco for Micellone historical support.

As usual I started with a mannequin created on the wire I rebuilt the whole muscle mass, muscle mass and more defining of the legs and a little less than that of the torso, the head has had a particular care in what I have recreated the portrait of the young Napoleon, as usual, made ​​of Milliput White.

Well for now enjoy these pictures will come soon of the other.
    Greetings MAB (y)

Attached Files:

2. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Re: NAPOLEON to Egypt - Gerome

Bravo Maurizio. I'm sure it will be a fantastic piece and the collector will be very happy with it.

Xenofon
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands

Maybe another Maurizio
    Another pose will do...

Marc
  4. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  5. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom

This looks like it will be a fine Piece maurizio ,hope you post the finished figure
    Such a pity it wont be commercial,would loved to have painted this one.
  6. mao A Fixture

Italy

Ciao Maestro!
    Sarà un altro capolavoro!
  7. Johan Kees Active Member

Belgium

Maurizio

What I like so much about your work is your unique talent to create a natural and relaxed looking figure, no matter the subject or period. All your sculptings just cry out to be painted. I mean it when I say that for me you are one of the few real masters in our hobby. I hope you will rejoice us with your work for many more years to come.

One thing though: too bad this is a one-off...

Johan
  8. cptan Member

Hmmm... is it me or what...? I see this napoleon figure looks a bit tall and slim.... not like usual napoleon figure (short and chubby).

Anyway it's a wonderful figure.

CPTan
  9. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy

Dear friends, thanks to everyone for the comments as usual are always welcome.

For CPTAN - has real Napoleon was lower, but in this case I am reproducing the image of the picture, if I carve down like in reality, would no longer make any sense to follow it, would be something different. :)

Cheers MAB
  10. bonehead A Fixture

United-States

Nice one Maurizio! :D

I have never seen this Gerome painting before. Very nice - inspiring even! I look forward to further progress.... :cool:
  11. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy

Hi Mike Thanks for the visit and for the comment you are a great :)
    ------------------------

Hello everyone ... ... .. here are new pics of Young Napolione ... ... then I started shaping queues.

I realized by a layer of stucco on a flat surface with the help of talcum powder and my mystical Rolling Pin (I never knew where it came from, I only know that one day pierced the tire to my former chief of work and I was happy ... .... ha ha ha .... since then is part of my tool kit) ... ... the dough is made from a blend of: magic sculpt 65% + A + B 35% after lying well I took the necessary measures with a sheet of paper tissue and have reported the pattern on the pastry, cut the halves I applied on the chest
    and when dry I corrected.
    For the hat I used a new procedure experienced precisely this piece of ... .. I always leave plenty of room to experiment otherwise the fun ends, the new method is to apply two thin sheets of zinc, which aims to make a base station at a later time, I covered and connected to the crown of the hat.

Second Phase: Once the code I added ground portions of stucco and then I molded to give a bit of movement and simulate the two folds that leave behind his back by two buttons, the buttons will then be covered by the band we do not use them, I finally added the two missing aimed to achieve in bicorn also browse with the previous Mix ... ... ... once dry rectify some imperfections.

Well enjoy these images, it is unclear if some step I will be happy to answer them.

Greetings and see you soon get more pictures.

MAB

Attached Files:

Steve, Edorta, sarouman and 3 others like this.
  12. Johan Kees Active Member

Belgium

Very interesting to see how the master works (y)

Johan
  13. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom

Magnificent!

Cheers,
    Jon.
  14. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Re: NAPOLEON to Egypt - Gerome FASE 2

Another gem from Maurizio (y)
  15. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands

Great effort.
    Looking forward to your next step.

marc
  16. Edward A Fixture

England

Amazing! Looking forward to seeing this finished.
  17. Christosjager A Fixture

Greece

Excellent so far Maurizio and thanks for this SBS, it is very helpfull, following with great interest.
  18. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy

Hi Friend thanks to all For the comment and for teh visit in this 3D.

o_O Few but good ;) cheers MAB
  19. sarouman A Fixture

Greece

I am really pleased to see such a matter to be built slowly from a true master of sculpture :notworthy: as you MAB!
    But really worry that this piece will not come off the production to be able to get it, shame I'll wait another version:(!
    However I wait anxiously for the remaining steps:):) in this creation:notworthy::notworthy:
    ΤhANKS!!

Alexandros(y)

Alexandros(y)
  20. MAB Well-Known Member

Italy
    Re: NAPOLEON to Egypt - Gerome FASE 3

Hi alexandros thanks for you kind words , you can never know the future:) ..... for now remains a unique piece:)

Hi all, after the short break, here is the progress on the piece ... ... .... Then I started to realize the base.

The choice of the base has an important role in the final presentation piece, various factors influencing their choice and
    generally are entirely subjective, in this case I chose a base briar, 5x5 x 7, it presented an interesting glimpse Side and
    considering that the subject would have a static position, the hole would create a second optical interest to the viewer.

Well as usual I tend to further customize the headers, in this case I simulated a crack on the ground, creating a bit of
    rock outcropping from the sand, having mixed a tablespoon of Magic ... ... ... .. here is the successor of experimentation,
    I decided to mix the Magic still fresh in the simple brown pigment, creating a mixture of brown and then I applied
    to the base by way of carved rock.

The second phase was to create a sandy soil, but the sand I had available did not seem quite to scale, was more
    like a pebble, in this case I decided to crush the grains of sand as a mortar using two aluminum plates with 8 mm .

The process is simple, just take a small portion of sand and put it between two plates, applying a little force and
    a twisting motion the sand is broken at the center of the plates, the large, comes out on pot, open up the plates and
    pour the powder into a container, and so on until you get the sufficient amount.

The third stage is easy, after you have created with the magic of small dunes, have enriched the basic style with
    a wedge-shaped piece (as if he fell from a column) I then drowned in the plaster while still fresh, at the same time
    I also added Napoleon, so even taking the exact position of the feet.

Finally, the fingerprints and covered the holes for the pins, with the patafix, I started to wet the surface is covered
    with a mix of white glue and water ... ... I finally poured over the sand dust ... ... after a couple of minutes you can
    overturn the board upside down, thereby removing the excess and checking that all interested parties have had their
    portion of sand.

The same technique can be implemented with any type of soil and various ... ... ... I know that a little as you all know
    ... .... but for those who are facing recently in model I believe that this simple procedure may be useful.

For the rest I went ahead with Napoleon, here are the pictures of the progress, the next will be final.

Good vision at all and for those who have any questions please feel free to ask them.

Greetings MAB

Attached Files:

Steve likes this.