1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Re-enactor

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by mil-mart, Aug 7, 2009.

1. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    With all the news of APG at Gettysburg and several ACW figures appearing in this forum, it's inspired me to tackle a sculpt I had thought about doing for a while, but never got round to . It's your average Confederate re-enactor, those guys who give up their weekends to practise drill and tramp over muddy fields , all in the name of living history.
    I hope it doesn't offend anyone and it's taken in good humour and that it can be put down to " there's always the one ".

All comments welcome.
    Cheers Ken

Attached Files:

pmfs, Tarracus and Ferris like this.
  2. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    What a nice idea! :D

I like his face and the hamburger! Fun theme.

Cheers,
    Balázs
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Superb Ken, he's "got his burger".
    Cheers,
    Carl.
  4. je_touche Member

Germany
    Lol. Maybe you should give him a wrist watch and let a cellphone poke out somewhere.
  5. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Very nice fun piece Ken and well sculpted.

Cheers David
  6. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great idea ken i like the fact it is tying history to the modern times with the inclussion of the burger.

Steve
  7. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Right out of Gods 'n Generals! Great!

Colin
  8. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Balazs and Carl -- many thanks, not sure if it's a Big Mac or a Whopper :D

Andreas -- I had thought about the watch and may include, great idea about the cellphone . ;):)

David -- many thanks much appreciated.

Cheers Ken
  9. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    A very sublime and original idea Ken.........one that makes you say to yourself "damn, how on earth it didn't occur to me before him?"

Top notch on all fronts!!! Welldone!!!!

Ray ;)
  10. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Steve, thanks for the comments, my original intention was for him to be pouring a drink into his cup from a large bottle of Coke but it didn't look right, I've now decided on the coke bottle standing at his feet.

Cheers Ken

Colin, I was thinking of the scene in Gettysburg where Gen Armisted is saying to the english guy, something like - These men know their duty and would make this charge even without an officer present, ..... and with the look on my guys face , he's saying - is he talking about me. ? :D
    Many thanks for your comments.

Cheers Ken
  11. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Ken,
    Great fun piece. Nice job.
    Cheers
    John
  12. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ray and John, many thanks for your comments,much appreciated.
    Cheers Ken
  13. Jeff Active Member

United-States
    I always loved the guys who ate Pop tarts but called them hard tack. I love the piece.
  14. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Thats called "Pop-Tack". LOL!

This is a brilliant piece! Having once reenacted CW for a good 12 years, sadly this is what a majority of reenactors, both Federal and Confederate, look and act like. Except, I would have added a beer can or bottle:)

I have thought about a similiar project myself. There were/are sooo many characters in that hobby that they somehow scream to be modeled.

Jason
  15. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
  16. PHIL WALDEN Member

Ken!,
    mate his is really cool....great stuff...

..Phil..:)
  17. falela Member

HongKong
    That's a brilliant idea and great sculpt!!!! :cool:

Leuk
  18. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Ken,

I'd like to add my voice to the chorus of praise for this clever and funny piece. I can't wait to see him painted. Well done mate.
  19. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Jeff , Pop Tarts... LOL thanks for comments.:D

Jason , from someone who's been there/done it , I really appreciate your comments. Excellent website and great work. Photographed with Rob Hodge---Hardcore.:cool:

Phil,
    Leuk,
    Tony.
    Really appreciate your comments, and Tony this figure I am going to paint. It will be my first attempt at using acrylics .

Cheers Ken
  20. marios1 Active Member

fine fat "warrior"

Hi Ken, your figure is very fine indeed....i never so an acw fat figure.....if you ll realize same copy, i am interested to buy one from you!!!! Many congratulation. Mario