1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Questions on how to paint camouflage uniforms

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Chris Kelm, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Chris Kelm Active Member

United-States
    Ok, I have a 120mm figure of a Recon SF soldier in Viet Nam and would like to know how to paint his camouflage uniform.
    I would like to paint his uniform in the version of the Vietnamese tiger stripe,example: what martin sheen wore in the movie "Apocalypse now".
    Does anyone know how to do this camouflage and also what the colors would be?
    Thank you.
    Chris
  2. JasonB Moderator

United-States
    Don't know the colors as I mix everything and use the "that looks about right" method, but this is how I did it. Painted the green base color. Then I did the black stripes. Depending on the pattern, there may be some brown (or olive green, depending on fading) stripes as well. Once these were done, I lightly outlined all of the light tan/off white "doodling" that surrounds them. The thing to remember if you do it like this is that the lines are creating shapes out of the green and black background, and aren't just random lines. Her's an example of a SEAL that I have been working on...forever. Its 1/9, but you get the idea. The LRRP is the Kirin 1/12 figure.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Jeff T likes this.
  3. Chris Kelm Active Member

United-States
    Jason,
    Great! thanks for the info!
    chris
  4. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia
    Excellent Tiger Stripe Jason!

Cheer's,