1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Questions about the 3d products

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by Chris Kelm, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Chris Kelm Active Member

United-States
    Hi everyone,
    I would like to know more about the 3d sculpting. When I look at all of your sculptures they look so smooth,are they that smooth when they come out of the printer?
    If they are not how does one make them smooth?
    I am normally a resin figure painter and with that in mind is 3d printing as detailed oriented as resin?
    What makes 3d printing so popular?
    Thank you.
    Chris
  2. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Printing result depends on quality of print preparation (let's say 5%) and quality (resolution) of the printer (let's say 95%).
    There are more than one type of printers, but not gonna bother You with the technology.
    If You want smooth print on miniature You have to look for a printer with 15 micron resolution or less. Then the prints have no printing lines (at least not visible with naked eye).
    That's pretty rough, but basically that's it :)
    And If You are resin figure painter chances are You already painted the figure that was produced in 3D (digitally) :)