1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

QMHE 2016 show pics

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by MrBMB, Aug 20, 2016.

1. MrBMB A Fixture

Here is just a few pics I took at the show yesterday, might put some more up later if I go back again today

*************More videos of show added below in post 7 *********************

2. Nap Moderator

England
    Cheers for sharing this and taking the time to video all the models

Good to see shows from QMHE

Really nice to see Andy Cairns ANZAC'S and the RAF pilot ( possibly Mike Butler? )

Lots of lovely painting and talent n show

Nap
    garyhiggins, peedee and stoffy01 like this.
  3. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Good to see photos Mr BMB :)

Kevin,
    Ref Life's RAF Pilot - not mine sorry mate - that little couple now live in South West England ;)
    This is Aussie modeller Ben Flood's Sepia version I think:
    http://www.planetfigure.com/threads/bob-pilot-in-sepia.66534/#post-680336
    garyhiggins, napoleonpeart and peedee like this.
  4. MrBMB A Fixture

Hey Ben was good to see you, I forgot to ask if you had put something in...I thought you might have, congrats on the placing...........not sure what you got as I left before awards but I am sure it was gold as the bust was done very well.
    peedee likes this.
  5. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Great little film, and a lovely piece of relaxing music. Forgive my ignorance; could you tell me what the music was from?

Cheers,
    Alan
    peedee likes this.
  6. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely that, & a great display.
    My favourite was the bust of a Nurse.

Paul.
  7. MrBMB A Fixture

Get back to you on the song/music............yes I like it as well
    I have done another 5 vids of the show on the different sections armour /scifi / ships/ planes

garyhiggins likes this.
  8. Macca G A Fixture

Australia
    Great clip Paul, this year was the best lineup we've had in ages. For everyone's info that nurse bust is a conversion from Nutsplanet's "Mother of Dragons" kit. Lots of new people putting stuff on the comp tables for the first time and you could see by the end of the weekend, they had got the bug.
    peedee and napoleonpeart like this.
  9. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A big well done to all, that's what it's all about for me !.

Paul
  10. YongA01 Active Member

Malaysia
    Thanks for the video slides... Great show !
  11. oldtrousers PlanetFigure Supporter

Thanks for the videos, some nice stuff on display!
  12. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia
    Some quality stuff on display there!

Thanks for posting.

Cheer's,
    Jeff.
  13. MrBMB A Fixture

OldTaff
    The song is by Kevin Macleod and its called Easy day

Thanks for the comments guys probably did 2-3 hrs of photos that day
    I love seeing pics from other shows I can't attend, so like to reply with pics of my local show that others can't get to.
    Really happy with my pics this year much more light in new venue and took my tripod which helps with really small figures/warhammer and 1/35 scale
    Jeff T likes this.
  14. Macca G A Fixture

Australia
    Great light in that new venue Paul, until you've set your light up and just as your about to take a photo the sun goes behind a cloud.
  15. MrBMB A Fixture

LOL
    Yes that happen to me a couple of times.
    The biggest problem was the floor boards moving from the weight of so many people walking by, with the tripod you could see the camera bouncing as people walked past so I had to wait till it stopped moving. The best time to take pics was in the morning-lunch by afternoon the hall had less light in it.
    Macca G likes this.
  16. MrBMB A Fixture

So whos going to QMHE 2017 :)
  17. Macca G A Fixture

Australia
    Pretty much a dead certainty I'll be there. Seems to be a lot of new interest from the wargaming community so I think the fantasy classes will be an even stiffer comp for next year