1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

QMHE 2015, New Location

Discussion in 'Figure Shows, Workshops and Events' started by Macca G, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Macca G A Fixture

Australia
    For those unaware, the Queensland Model Hobbies Expo, now in its 20th year, has moved to a new location at Just Sports and Fitness hall, Redbank plains. Take exit 31 on the Ipswich Motorway and the complex is directly opposite the shopping centre. A reminder, entries are to be dropped off on the Friday night 21st of August.
    The show runs the 22-23 August 9.00am-5.00pm Sat and till 3.30 pm Sun. Entry $7.00 Adults, $3.00 children, $16.00 Family.
    Don't forget to come and say G'day at the Qld Figure Modellers club display and make yourself known.
  2. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers for the update Macca, wold love to get back there to my home town one day soon and visit the new site for QMHE. Its one of the best Hobby shows in Australia
    Ben
  3. Macca G A Fixture

Australia
    Cheers Ben. Melbourne may be a bigger show, but for sheer quality across all categories, Brisbane is by far has the highest standard in Aus.
    FigureLover likes this.
  4. Mark S Guest

I've gotta say I reckon the new location may be local friendly, it's not so much so for anyone from interstate.
  5. Macca G A Fixture

Australia
    I know what you mean Mark, I live on the north side and it's a fair hike for me, so we're staying in a hotel in Ipswich on the Saturday night. On the plus side, being so far out of Brisbane, acccom prices are very reasonable. The old venue is too small, falling apart and parking is a nightmare, driving the public away. The committee did a search of other venues but they were all prohibitively expensive and parking and access for traders were even worse. I just hope everyone is patient with the new venue.
    Mark S likes this.
  6. MrBMB A Fixture

I drove and had a look today at new venue.
    It will be interesting to see the difference in people through the door.
    I think the main issue is advertising its easy to forget its on. I lived in Ashgrove for years and never new about it, until by chance I saw a flyer in Hobbyrama.
    Hope it's a great year in a new location!

Macca G likes this.
  7. MrBMB A Fixture

Went today
    Much better venue and the parking is great.....more than enough
    Better food as well :)
    Well done QMHE!!!
    Macca G and Mark S like this.
  8. Macca G A Fixture

Australia
    DSCN0415.JPG And they came! I heard that by 11am on the Saturday we had surpassed the total 2014 attendance. Very well supported by the general public, especially from Ipswich or, as it is known locally as Pisalleville. Lot of interest in our club display, the traders did well, and looking like getting more support from the Ipswich council for next year. See you there!

DSCN0415.JPG
  9. MrBMB A Fixture

Mate your club display was outstanding.........................I stood there for ages, so many great figures of all types....................made my day!!
    Macca G likes this.
  10. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia
    Wish I could have been there to check out the club display Graham, looks bloody awesome!

Have you got any pics of the place getters in figures and busts?

Cheer's,
    Jeff.
  11. Macca G A Fixture

Australia
    Posting now Jeff, some may be familiar....

Attached Files:

Mark S likes this.
  12. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Graham, some very nice stuff there!

Cheer's,
    Jeff.
    Mark S likes this.
  13. Macca G A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Jeff, start putting some coin away for next year.