1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Private, 18th Battalion, Kings Royal rifles, 1917

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by gothicgeek, Aug 10, 2013.

1. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi all!

As this is now released here are some pictures of this lovely little piece!

1-DSCF2831.JPG

4-DSCF2834.JPG

5-DSCF2835.JPG

This is the piece I asked for help on re the football scarf :)

The 18th ( arts and crafts? ) appear to have recruited a lot from the midlands and south Yorkshire and had connections even as far north as Wetherby and Helmsley ( duncomb park ).

It was a little side step to imagine this Tommy as a fan of Leeds city ( who were disbanded during the great war for shady dealings. Namely paying players during the war. ) The scarf is painted in Leeds citys colours of blue and gold.

This was a really fun paint and quite simple!

Thanks for looking and please feel free ;)

Attached Files:

HIKARU, NickM, mil-mart and 6 others like this.
  2. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Very nice mark, I hope to see it at euro on Stu's stand, great job mate, I like the blue and gold, its a nice touch :happy:
  3. Dennis Active Member

England
    Brilliant work as usual Mark, love the facial stubble and the Leeds scarf lovely touch. I look forward to seeing this at Euro.
    Thanks for posting
    Dennis
  4. Don Well-Known Member

Superb work on this lovely bust Mark. Love what you have done with the face, outstanding facial paintjob. As I said in the New Figures post I think it looks so much like you, perhaps you used a mirror to get the face right, or should I just have gone to specsavers?

Don
  5. Stephen Ward Active Member

United-States
    Cheers Mark, this is another great one. The football scarf is a small but fantastic touch and really makes the piece.
  6. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent bust with great character. I like it a lot.

Xenofon
  7. chris1 Active Member

Nice work Mark,
    Would the scarf not be better in red and white vertical stripes (Lliverpool colours 1914-19).
    It's good to see another piece of your work.

Chris
  8. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent painting Mark and I too noticed the resemblance but Don beat me to it. I'll take a closer look at Euro. (y)

Cheers Ken
  9. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Well done and looks very cheeky.
    Cheers
    John