1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Place To Build - Etruria 600BC

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tiberius57, Oct 12, 2013.

1. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    The Etruscans! What a fascinating subject. Putting aside the scholars debate about the Etruscan civilization and people origins, I focused on a detail revealed by the archeological findings. It is about the location where the Etruscans choose to build their. settlements. High ground with steep slopes. The steeper the better. Here is a Etruscan scout choosing the future location of a new settlement.

This is my humble version of this classic, now available from Masterclass. I made a small conversion to match the story, presenting him with shield down and pointing the location.
    Painted in acrylics and oils over acrylics.

Thanks a lot for watching and let me know your thoughts.
    Cheers,
    Zeno
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Beautiful presentation of a great paint job! Wonderful ground work either.:joyful:

Pedro.
    tiberius57 likes this.
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Wow Zeno....best yet. The groundwork is a work of art in its own right. Great flesh tones too.

Colin
    tiberius57 likes this.
  4. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    Great job my friend...interesting subject...(y)
    tiberius57 likes this.
  5. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Although the figure is very well painted, that base is spectacular and makes the whole scene just jump out at you. Great stuff
    Ben
    tiberius57 likes this.
  6. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Hey Zeno
    I was wondering when we'd see something new from you.
    As usual your fleshtones and metals are spot on (great bronze on the helmet), the dark red is very rich as well. I have to agree with the above comments... Your ground work has definitely become your trademark! It really is a coin toss as to where you want to look... awesome painting or mindblowing terrain. How'd you like to swing by my place and help me recreate a French resort beach during 1942?
    If I had one thing to say, and it's not your work, the shoulders/chest of the figure look overly wide and a bit crooked... a minor sculpt or cast flaw but your paint saves it!

I assume we'll see this guy in Ajax

Colin
    tiberius57 likes this.
  7. Sergey Popovichenko A Fixture

Ukraine
    Greetings! Thank you for the excellent work! So much fun treat! Mastery of painting and a wonderful base!
    tiberius57 likes this.
  8. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Hi Zeno, this is a wonderful figure! The painting is outstanding, and I love how well you've picked out the detail on his breast-plate, hat and shield.
    The base compliments your figure and the story you are depicting perfectly. Great work mate!
    Cheers
    tiberius57 likes this.
  9. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Excellent painting and scenery. Great overall result.

Xenofon
    tiberius57 likes this.
  10. b00gie Active Member

Romania
    Everything is superb. An the landscape is so real. (y)
    tiberius57 likes this.
  11. Brimmer Active Member

Indonesia
    Fantastic..the figure and his shield looks real
    tiberius57 likes this.
  12. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Great Work Zeno!!! I agree with everything said above! The groundwork is great, and the display
    catch the eye indeed.
    ;)

Regards
    Pedro
    tiberius57 likes this.
  13. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Splendid in every way(y)

we could be heading for a groundwork competition at Euro soon bases on some of the stuff on hear:)

Ron
    tiberius57 likes this.
  14. Mjølner PlanetFigure Supporter

Denmark
    Great paint job and fantastic presentation with that ground work (y)
    tiberius57 likes this.
  15. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Excellent Zeno.

Roger.
    tiberius57 likes this.
  16. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Absolutely beautiful work! ... A superb rendition of a great subject. I had the good fortune to spend 3 wks, in a place called 'Tarquinia', with an artist, (oils) two hours, north of, Rome! .. and as you say very high ground with steep access! .. with a multitude of un-earthed, 'Etruscan', burial chambers.... This is the first piece that I have seen that depicts this civilisation! excellent! (y)(y).

Regards,

Mark
    tiberius57 likes this.
  17. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Pedro, Colin, Rodrigo, Ben, Colin, Sergey, Nick, Xenofon, Bogdan, Brimmer, Pedro, Ron, Brian, Roger, Mark - Thank you all for the great feedback! I'm glad that you like it!
    Cheers,
    Zeno
  18. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Yes. This is the plan. It will be in Ajax.
    Sure, Colin. It will be my pleasure to assist you with the French beach. I'm off next week so we can get together. Drop me a line.
    Cheers mate,
    Zeno
  19. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Sergey,
    I would like to thank you for the excellent article in Mr Black's Scale Model Handbook on groundwork and composition. Very inspiring. I learned a lot.
    Thanks a lot for your feedback and I'm glad that you like it!
    Cheers,
    Zeno
  20. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    tiberius57 likes this.