1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Peipus done

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Black Army, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    Hello Planeters!

I couldn't find my earlier thread about the starting phases of this vignette (120mm), so I have finished it and I start a new thread. Sorry for the hurrible photos, but here is night now and picts manage to me just in the daylight. I will make new picts later. I hope they can see the figures. Comments are wellcome!

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Bad91Fellow Member

Germany
    it is a brutal topic, but this was the medieval times. it is an interesting and realistic view of the medieval battles far away from the knight in shining armour! the painting seems to be good. waiting for better pics!

Lennart
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looks you have a fight spot on with this dio.
    I make some comment. It is a shortcoming at the wounded knight.
    The place where to sword is out off his belly is the place where the aorta is.
    When you penetrate this (it is very difficult because you must go through the spine, or just next to the spine) you lost about 5 liter blood every minute. (the hart is pumping the total bloodvolume of the body trough the body).
    And i see no drop of blood at the point of the sword, and when this happend you have immediately a fountain of blood.
    So, maybe some more blood at the point of the sword will do.

Marc
  4. eissteban Active Member

France
    hey Marc are you an ex serial killer to know all these things about the blood ?
    ;) ;) ;)

Seb.
  5. georges64 Member

France
    Non je crois qu'il bosse dans un hosto .:D
  6. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    Thank you guys!

I know that Marc work in a hospital, so he is a professionel :) Yes the paintjob was very long, 120 mm is too big for me, in the future I want to build only 54mm dioramas. Yes perhaps the blood isn't enough. My idea was that it is the first moment after the bite, so the blood is coming... Please wait the better picts, so looks it better.

Cheers,
    Balázs
  7. eissteban Active Member

France
    hé hé, bosser dans un hosto n'exclue pas d'être un serial killer :eek:
  8. dinovision79 Active Member

Hello Balazs!

It's a great vignette, I really like the realistic approach in it too! The lights aren't favourable for seeing the colors, but eg. the second from top has an interesting atmosphere though, maybe try also some background?! The blood question is a sensitive one, too much blood can ruin the scene when inapropriate, will you try to add more?

Curious to see the daylight photos.
    Thanks
    Denes
  9. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    I remember this one !
    didn't we had a discussion about the possibility that a sword couldn't penetrate the armour?
    It worked out very fine !
    Don't mind Marc. He's blood obsessed. Especially when there's a full moon. :D
  10. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    Darkness. Today is darkness by us and snow, so lights aren't good for photographing. But I have made some better picts:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  11. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    Thank you Dénes and Vergilius!
    I'm thinking about blood, but it is for me enough. Yes we have a discussion about the possibility that a sword couldn't penetrate the armour :D
    Now I'm working on a 54mm diorama (from the 17th Century), there will be casualities too, less blood :)

Cheers,
    Balázs
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I really like this answer. Got serious pain in my cheekbone from laughing.
    Great. I like this.

Now serious: I work in a hospital and this is my CV: operation assistent surgery for 12 years. Now 18 years at orthopaedic technician.
    Yes, i know something about the bloodstreams in our body.
    No hard feelings i really liked your comment.

Marc
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Patrick, with the next full moon your next.

marc
  14. eissteban Active Member

France
    [ marc :) you reassure me, and hat off for your job ]

Balázs, i like your work.
    The scene is hard but well executed, i think.

Seb.
  15. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Really nice Balazs, even though the pics are not showing your work to its best :(

Ray ;)
  16. Well done for doing a vignette not the usual stereo type teutons drowning in the cold water : ) ... seems the ice nevr broke as many like to think!

The idea is very good and the combination of close quarter fighting is spot on BUT I think you chose a wrong weapon a long sword would not penetrate a Knight dressed in chainmail and gabeson underneath and go trough the whole body, to make a trust like that you need to be tremendously [impossibly] strong and surely will not penetrate the whole body, you have mail, thick textile, leather, shirt, body, bone and again the same materials ... will stop somewhere for sure! Apart that long swords were used for slashing not trusting [rapiers and short swords are used for trusting].

For close quarters like that it would have been ideal a short sword or a dagger [better manouvering] ... no offence for being such a critic but swords and fencing are my passion after modelling ... only pointing out, besides there is still artistic license and the vignette looks cool!

Ivan
  17. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    Thank you guys!

Yes, I think today too that this action is impossible, but I have started this project in 2001 and I have never finished it, just now. I dont like the "normal" dios, but they are right, next I must make better planes and more historical researches, because the crest was used 50 years later on the helmet and so on.
    :)
    Cheers,
    Balázs
  18. Wyrdstone New Member

United-States
    that's very cool
    very nicely painted as well
    people saying more blood but I think it's fine
    too much blood and it'll look gory and silly
  19. Roc Active Member

United-States
    From what I can see from the pictures you did a good paint job.
    I must I agree wiith Mark about sword piercing.

Cheers
    Roc
  20. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    Thank you Roc and Dan!

I agree with Mark about sword piercing too ;) .
    I'm a cathasrophical photographer I fight with light :D Please more white! I will ask my friend for make pictures... I want to show the true colors.
    Sorry some new :)confused: ) picts:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]