1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Pegaso Models 90mm mounted Hussar

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Blue Thunder, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    Magic sculpture created by Victor Konnov. Sure it will create noise and desire :)

[IMG]

To become available at Kulmbach 2015 ... almost there, save your pennies ...:joyful:
    Edorta, rado2828, Tommi and 13 others like this.
  2. Tonton Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Lost for words!

Jeff
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent figure.

Marc
  4. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Superb figurine, a pleasure to see PEGASO return to 90mm.
    And especially with such an original subject, even with a Hussar!
    The only drawback is the price, surely high!
    I would put on my shopping list for Christmas !:rolleyes:
    One suggestion at the time of computing and 3D (sic), why not try a variation in the other "Queens" scales, 54 and 75mm?;)
    Huw63 likes this.
  5. yoshi Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    We need a lot of money at Euro this year I'm afraid :nailbiting:
    Bootneck likes this.
  6. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Best of the bunch Victor did a great job on this one. but it's going to be very expensive. still it will be a top seller.

Ian

www.elliesminiaturs.com
  7. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Resin or Metal ?
    chippy
  8. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    .... save your pennies? Selll the Mrs into slavery more like.

What an excellent release. I shudder to think of the cost though. This'll be the thick end of £200 easily.
    Huw63 and ChaosCossack like this.
  9. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    You're not wrong there BP... would probably have to sell the wife AND kid, maybe even the cat to get this one :( With exchange and shipping it would be pushing the $400 cdn range... way too steep for a poor boy.
    Too bad, it's a magnificent figure. If it was 75mm I'd order it today.

Colin
    Blind Pew, kevininpdx and Huw63 like this.
  10. Huw63 A Fixture

As would I but it will definitely be too expensive.

Cheers Huw
    Blind Pew and ChaosCossack like this.
  11. kevininpdx Well-Known Member

United-States
    Amazing. This is why Victor Konnov is the man *:notworthy:. Unfortunately for me I don't have the skill to paint a folded flag with a design on it.
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  12. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    I love the idea of the backflap of the sheepskin shabraque but if your horse is rearing that way (throwing his head backwards) I want to see anyone doing this kind of stunt.
    Cheers, Martin
  13. Ventress Well-Known Member

England
    Great piece, well out of my price range! Plus I couldn't do a Frenchie taking a Colour!
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  14. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is a fantastic sculpt! .. everything smacks of quality. (y) However, if its 'White-Metal', which I presume it is. There is always that fear of eventual collapse, because all that weight is being transferred to the two hind-legs. ??? (which look a little volatile). Studying the pose, there is no way two pins are going to support this weight. :( ... I could be wrong .

Regards,

Mark.
    Huw63 likes this.
  15. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Noise and desire definitely created here. A great-looking release!

- Steve
  16. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I reckon you'd be looking at 3 long pins Mark. One up through each leg and another up through the tail. And all of them as deep as possible down into the base.

- Steve
    Huw63 likes this.
  17. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    I do not think that this horse will collapse. If you look carefully, the center of gravity is somewhere within the body of rider so most of the weight will be transfered right through the two rear legs and the tail. I would add some putty in the rear part of the horse body to even increase more the weight there in order to obtain a perfect balance.
  18. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Steve,

Possibly ? But the join of the tail to the body is fairly weak. I cant see how the weight distribution would be improved by pinning the tail.

As I said it is nice, but I will stick to my old doctrine, of 'three feet to the base', or as near as! so that groundwork can disguise an extra pin.

The only rearing horses I would contemplate would be resin based. ;):D

Perhaps, I am limiting my choices here, but as has been mentioned this kit is not going to be cheap.

Mark.
    Huw63 likes this.
  19. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good point about the tail joint Mark. You'd probably need to reinforce that as well with a good strong pin into the body.

I think this is an absolutely stunning piece. Whether I end up buying it though is another matter, given that I could get half a dozen foot 75mms for what this will probably be selling for. As someone said elsewhere, there's a reason why we don't see very many mounted 90mms painted up on show tables.

- Steve
    Tubby-Nuts2 likes this.