1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP "Papa" Ringel from MMM

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Nap, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi guys ,

Running around alongside the RHA bust and in order to keep my sanity I have also started this from Mitches Miliary Models ...it is of course Papa Ringel ..a really respected leader of Alpine troops in WW2 ...he has got medals so I am happy !!!
    [IMG][IMG]
    Casting needed a bit of work done ..made the ribbons slightly larger as in the picture ....now progressed to think about painting the epaulettes and collar details . also added the top bit of the Alpine badge on the right arm .

Cas new pics 044.jpg

Acrylics as usual

More to follow !!!

Thanks for looking in

Nap
    Mark Dollery, crf, yeo_64 and 4 others like this.
  2. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Watching with interest Kev (y)

Brian
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  3. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Nap - as one medal painter to another.....great job so far on a cool character filled bust. Will be watching as this approaches completion.

Colin
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Colin,

You just can't have enough medals ...will be working on this with my mate Jimbo (painting day..ye hah!......it is a great subject but as I said the or at least my casting needed a bit of rework .......

Today's plan(yes there is one)...is to do the epaulettes/collar insignia and other awards

Will update later ....hopefully .......unless Jimbo feeds me biscuits!!!!

Thanks for looking in

Nap
  5. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Biscuits!!....Like you'll need any persuasion Mr Peart...(Breaking strain of a Weetabix when it comes to saying No);)
    Cheers
    Jim
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys,

Well we had a good day with me trying to find the biscuits that Jimbo had hid .........I DID !!!..I restrained myself ..honest;)

Finished off the shoulder boards (can't spell epaulettes) , happy with them ( but now starting again as I managed to catch them with black:facepalm: ..so I base coated again as in picture!!!!)

Eye's are done (y)

I have finished the ribbons (y) ...they look better in scale!!!... just need to put the crossed swords on no's 2-4 and the eagle on the blue ribbon then its back to the rest ......

Just a quick picture

Ringel ribbons.jpg
    ...SWMBO wants to go shopping !!!!:cry:

More to follow:

Nap
    Jimbo and Snowy like this.
  7. Snowy Member

Australia
    I will be interested in following this Nap. No point in getting the decorations incorrect or in the wrong order is there? :)
  8. swralph A Fixture

Coming along nicely.
  9. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi guys ,

I have finished all the NMM and all the decorations ..looks good ...just the face to do ..hopefully for. FW.....

I will post some pics later ..I between brush swirling

Thanks for looking in

Nap
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi guys ,

Finally got round to posting some more pictures inbetween FW and hiding additions to my GA !!!!

i must admit this is not the best casting I have seen and a lot of careful painting was needed to bring the details out

Tidied up the ribboms , still got the crossed swords and the eagle to put on ..tommorow !!

Eidelweiss badge on cap all done and I added the arm badge as well

NMM all the way on the shoulder boards and collar and awards etc , party badge has come out well and I am pleased with it ..yes that is a swastika on it !!!

Started on the fleshwork very much WIP!!!!...more tommorow

Might just highlight the uniform colour a tiny more ...might just push the highs slightly more

Thanks for looking in

Nap

Papa 001a.jpg Papa 003a.jpg Papa 002a.jpg
    Heeresbergführer likes this.
  11. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Looks great. I love all the awards and colours.

Colin
  12. flart1943 Active Member

England
    Great paintwork(y).
    Peter
  13. Nap Moderator

England
    Cheers guys for the comments , I have just spent nearly 2 hours reworking the ribbons or rather putting the crossed swords etc on them as painted on just did not look right ...happy now

Final check of uniform colour tommorow and then flesh / hair and another one bites the dust .

This has been a bit more of a saga due to the casting not really being the best ...but it's nearly done ...quite a chap for awards etc our "Papa"

Colin ...how I wish I did your scale busts

Thanks for looking in

Nap
  14. swralph A Fixture

Nice painting.