1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Panzer Man

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by yeo_64, Feb 12, 2004.

1. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi all,here's my new painting project.It's an S & T figure by John Rosengrant.Wish me luck Cheers Kenneth.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    nice, pullin' up the cair and watchin' this one :)
  3. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Me too I was hoping to see your next original but this will do. ;)
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks guys I was actually going to do a 2-figure vignette from another print which I saw in a magazine,but I can't seem to find the magazine again It shows 2 Native American Indians,one kneeling,one standing,beside a creek looking at a discarded mantlepiece clock stuck in the creek bed and is entitled "A Matter Of Time".Have you guys seen it before Anyhow,I was waiting for this figure from S & T for quite awhile now,so I thought it would make a nice break while I search for the print concerned again.Cheers !
    Kenneth
  5. LCoote New Member

Australia

Attached Files:

6. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks ever so much,Leigh :lol: You're a real "model-maker" life-saver Now it looks like "panzer man" may have to take a further hiatus before he is painted ! Cheers.
    Kenneth.
  7. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Lookng forward to see the work progress ont his one

Robin
  8. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi Robin :lol: Just out of curiosity,which "one" are you referring to - panzer man or the 2 Indians ? Cheers.
    Kenneth.
  9. Robin Active Member

United-Kingdom
    The Indians matey sorry should have made myself clearer

Robin
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    OK,thanks,Robin;I sort'd figure you meant that,just had to be sure.Cheers Kenneth.
  11. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    Lookin' forward to it Kenneth. Keep us posted!

-jim cox
  12. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hi guys :lol: Here's a shot of my initial mock-up for the 2 Native Indians in the print.I decided to use the 54mm Prieser nudes this time around.The heads will be modified when I start on the figures proper.Cheers Kenneth

[IMG]
  13. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Well that was fast, look forward to the next update (y)
  14. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Kenneth,

If you would like to see this vignette look at the great job that Alan and Marion have done. http://www.mb-miniatures.com/images/Marion...dians7klein.jpg

You may also want to wait and see what is coming from a manufacturer here in the US. 54 mm :)

I still think it is a great print and I look forward to seeing your interpation. (y)

Joe
  15. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kenneth, If I may point out something. The mohawk haircuts you have given your warriors are more ready for a cheesy Hollywood epic or a punk rock concert. What they need are "scalplocks" this is a round section of hair at the back of the head that was tied in braids. Beads, feathers, trade items or other decorations could be attached to them. If you have any further info you need let me know I have a lot of this kind of stuff.~Gary
  16. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Thanks for pointing the error of the mohawks out to me,Gary,but the mock-ups were actually of the stock "Indian" heads from the Preiser figure set.I've already shaved off the horrible mohawks and am in the process of sculpting the scalp-locks that you have so kindly mentioned in your post.Since you so kindly offered,gary,can you offer some typical ear decorations that these Natives might have worn during this time period ? Thanks once again for the heads-up and I hope to post more stuff soon.Cheers Kenneth.